Just Returned from the Carinival Imaginations

BHMaubie

My new friend and me just returned from a cruise on the Imaginations. We took a cruise that went to Key West (United States) and Cozumel (Mexico) on the ship. I has been on the Norwegian Pearl and the Princess Sea. This cruise was fun but it was extemely different than the cruises.

I got on the boat and they wouldnt let my friend on because he didnt have a passport which wasnt required so anyways he went home and got it and got on the ship shortly before sailaway which was strange but at least he got on the ship. We had a good day in the Key West the following day. It was fun because I have been once but it was different on a cruise but the ship was not there long enough because we could not go out that night downtown and we went on a deepsea fishing trip that we caught fish on and we could not bring them on the ship with us and we got mad because there was no reason we couldnt that was stupid. Anyways they had fish at dinner so it was fine but we were very upset and they heard about it on the comment card for sure. We found sushi at the buffet and were able to keep it in our fridge.

Cozumel was fun we have never been to Mexico before we were surprised how different it was than key west because they are very close but it was more fun that we had the day before. Same problem the ship wasnt there long enough oh well maybe next time.

We had one day on the ocean on this boat. It was fun by the pool but the pool was not as nice as other ships and there were lots of people everywhere. The boat was a good boat but it was small it seemed probably because it was a short cruise and bad boats do short cruises oh well maybe next time. The shows were good we went to some of them they had one in the xanadu lounge that was funny (i think it was supposed to be) and the food was good at the buffet and the pizza was impressive at the back of the boat. I had a fun time on this cruise but I think the Imaginations is not our favorite ship we still had fun even though the fish was not allowed onboard. I still dont understand why I can have fish on the plate in the DR but I cant bring my own onboard. What about people with pet fish :confused:. Oh well maybe next time.

We wil be back on cruises this was different I had fun though. Questions

not a Geography major or anything, but exactly how close are Cozumel and Key West? Different countries, would typically be pretty different? People are also allowed to bring their Pet fish on board? Huh, didn't know that

Thank those of you who replied nicely, sorry that this isnt a joke just because my english is not good does not mean people need be rude :rolleyes: everyone post count has to start somewhere. But anyways I knew that about passports but he didnt and yes KW and Cozymel are close look at a map. The fish never smelled it was in the cooler that we had for insulin. My mistake I see it is ImaginatioN :o.

I caught fish from a Navy ship at sea..They wouldnt let me keep it either (fix in galley)..Due to "hygentic reasons" ..Which I coulnt understand why since we were about 300 miles out..Cant get much cleaner water then that. Allot of that has to do with customs rules..Under Live (dead) animals, plants, etc.

Thank those of you who replied nicely, sorry that this isnt a joke just because my english is not good does not mean people need be rude :rolleyes: everyone post count has to start somewhere. But anyways I knew that about passports but he didnt and yes KW and Cozymel are close look at a map. The fish never smelled it was in the cooler that we had for insulin. My mistake I see it is ImaginatioN :o.

One question - if you knew about the Passport Rule, but your friend didn't, why didn't you remind him? :confused:

Put a dead fish in with your insulin.......I'd say it's a good thing Carnival did stop you.....they did you a favor....I've been a Nurse for over 30 years and that is a first. I will have to add that to my patient teaching, although I am sure people will think it is crazy to mention that......I'm posting this at work....too funny!!

Please don't worry about your english skills at least you tried.

They should have told you on the fishing boat that you would not be allowed to take it and this is partly because of custom rules and also the fact that they have no storage for you fish. I personally would not want to keep it in my room myself

As far as The Keys and Coz being close as far as I am concerned they are but that is probably because I work 9500 miles from home and I have sailed around most of the world so that is relatively close.

I hope you enjoyed at least part of your cruise and please don't let the few perfect people here deter you from posting

Please don't worry about your english skills at least you tried.

They should have told you on the fishing boat that you would not be allowed to take it and this is partly because of custom rules and also the fact that they have no storage for you fish. I personally would not want to keep it in my room myself

As far as The Keys and Coz being close as far as I am concerned they are but that is probably because I work 9500 miles from home and I have sailed around most of the world so that is relatively close.

I hope you enjoyed at least part of your cruise and please don't let the few perfect people here deter you from posting

I seriously thought the post was a joke and that had nothing to do with the spelling or grammar (CC is not a formal report, and most members don't expect "perfect" posts!) Just one of the reasons that I didn't think this was a real post was the fact that the OP said a comment card was completed when they no longer exist???

But really, just use common sense!

everyone post count has to start somewhere.

This is very true.

But you have to realize that some people try to start trouble with their first posts. Most never show up again. But you coming back and defending yourself shows (to me) that this is real.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I seriously thought the post was a joke and that had nothing to do with the spelling or grammar (CC is not a formal report, and most members don't expect "perfect" posts!) Just one of the reasons that I didn't think this was a real post was the fact that the OP said a comment card was completed when they no longer exist???

But really, just use common sense!

We had a comment card on our cruise in Oct 2010:)

I thought it was a joke too, honestly. Also, I was on the Imagination. It was 5 years ago and maybe a whole lot has changed but that's the ship that hooked me on cruising, I loved it! Not sure where the idea that small "boats" do bad cruises came from? And passports are definitely not required. I cruise in 27 days and checked just to be sure.

Archived