Orient Beach question

ChiBearsSuperFan

At the very end of the beach there is anudist colony. The other "beaches" are just topless, nad very few women do it. I have been there many times and I am not a nudist and had a fabulous time. If you rent a car and drive to the French side of the island stop in Marigot...great French shopping for your wife. I know.... I did it! St. maritn is great! The beach is absolutely beautiful. You pay for the longes...pick the padded ones. You can have wonderful food for luch! I wish I were there right now!

Just got back this week from 16 days on Orient Beach. All of Orient Beach is considered to be "clothing optional". That means you will see people wearing (or not wearing) just about everything. There will be a few nude people walking the entire beach or sitting in beach chairs or on towels in some areas. At the south end is Club Orient where the majority of people are nude (but friendly, that is provided you don't try to take photos). The beach is very "European" and there are usually a lot of topless sunbathing all up and down the beach, as well as topless ladies walking along the beach. There are no "fences" or "nude side/prude side" or "designated areas" just a wonderful beach in a different country than we are used to, with different ways of enjoying the sun & sand. Explore and enjoy the differences!

I don't think we will be going to Orient Beach. One major reason is because we would like to take pictures of the beach, but I would feel rude if their is a topless person or a nude person in the background or anything. And then to look at the picture with the nude person. I don't think that is right. The nude part doesn't scare me, we travel to Italy and a lot of other European countires and there is always nude people on the beach. It doesn't bother me or the kids. They are "use to it" when they go to the beach in another country.

The nudist resort is at the South end which is when facing the water to the far right. If you go to the furthest left, you should be fine. There might be an occasional topless beach walker, but on both trips I've been to Orient Beach, I've only seen 2 totally nude people - 1 old gentleman with nothing but a hat on, and 1 fat middle age guy! Here is a panorama of the beach with the beach bars listed - click on the large image. If you go to Bikini's or Waikiki's, you should be fine. If occasional nudity bothers you, than stay away. IMHO I wouldn't let nudity stop you from going to such a fabulous beach.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/edsandra/OrientPanorama.htm

Archived