Anse Chastanet - water taxi??

kayo kruiser

Does anyone know if there is someone who provides transportation from the cruise port to Anse Chastanet via water?

I've heard the beach and snorkelling is some of the best in the Caribbean but that getting there by road is long and pretty rough.

We would love to spend a 1/2 day there snorkelling if we can find water transportation.

Thanks for any help.:)

To my knowledge there is no water taxi to AC. You might be able to get a taxi but it is a long ride along twisting roads along the coast and the last half mile to the resort is so bumpy our taxi bottomed out a few times. The beach is pretty with black (i.e, brown) sand which is HOT HOT HOT so wear water shoes if you go. We are pretty hardcore snorkelers and I would only rate it as average - very deep drop off near the beach which is great for diving but not so good for snorkeling - in fact, most of the sea life we saw below us was divers! ;~)

A much better bet is Anse Cochon/ Ti Kaye (google it) - they do have a reasonable water taxi, excellent snorkeling, cool beach bar, lovely setting. We will be returning for the fourth time in early April!

This is not to say AC is bad - it is very nice. Just hard to get to and the snorkeling isn't quite as great as you may have read.

Our opinions only....

Gene

To my knowledge there is no water taxi to AC. You might be able to get a taxi but it is a long ride along twisting roads along the coast and the last half mile to the resort is so bumpy our taxi bottomed out a few times. The beach is pretty with black (i.e, brown) sand which is HOT HOT HOT so wear water shoes if you go. We are pretty hardcore snorkelers and I would only rate it as average - very deep drop off near the beach which is great for diving but not so good for snorkeling - in fact, most of the sea life we saw below us was divers! ;~)

A much better bet is Anse Cochon/ Ti Kaye (google it) - they do have a reasonable water taxi, excellent snorkeling, cool beach bar, lovely setting. We will be returning for the fourth time in early April!

This is not to say AC is bad - it is very nice. Just hard to get to and the snorkeling isn't quite as great as you may have read.

Our opinions only....

Gene

There are quite a few posts about water taxis. There are several companies that will pick you up at the ship and take you anywhere you want. Just don't expect it to be cheap.

Thanks for the feedback.

If Anse Chastanet isn't as great for snorkelling (compared to diving), what about Jalousie Beach. Is Anse Cochon just as good?

Also, is Anse Cochon within good "photo op" view of the Pitons?

thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback.

If Anse Chastanet isn't as great for snorkelling (compared to diving), what about Jalousie Beach. Is Anse Cochon just as good?

Also, is Anse Cochon within good "photo op" view of the Pitons?

thanks again.

The water clarity at Jalousie isn't great (but not terrible) because of the imported sand.

IMHO, your best bang for your buck would be to book a company to take you to Jalousie beach, and a few snorkeling sites on the way there or back.

Archived