St. Patrick's Day on a ship

emksb

On RC there were places you could get green beer and they put up "Happy St Patrick's Day" banners. On Carnival they had someone dress up as a Leprechaun and go around the dining room for pictures. I will be on for St. Patrick's again this year but NCL, not sure if they will do anything special. Either way, I always buy my own stuff to bring to make it fun for us.

We were on the Legend last spring break (st. patricks day was that week) and there were a lot of folks dressed up, hats, boas, tshirts...we even saw a couple of older men in green suits! And I remember the Leprechaun walking around the deck taking pics. We didn't have anything with us, but will be on the Triumph this year for spring break/st. patricks day and I think I will make sure everyone at least has a t-shirt!

Never would have thought the ship or passengers would do anything. Nice that RCI does green beer & banners & sounds like fun with people getting dressed up in the spirit of the day.

Great birthday OP...my granddaughter was born on St. Paddy's Day this past year. I was so excited for her to have that birthday.

We were on Carnival Triumph last March for spring break and St. Patricks Day was during our cruise. Many passengers were dressed in green--they brought their own as we did. The ship's photographers made pictures last Mar 17 with a special digital St. Patricks Day border...

th_DSC02531.jpg th_DSC02520.jpg th_DSC02519.jpg

We really had a great time and Carnival provided a really festive St. Patricks Day atmosphere.

Here's hoping you have a great St. Patricks Day cruise. Bon Voyage!

We were on Carnival as well over St. Patti's day, our daughter & son-in-law b-day were also this day. We all (group of 10) dressed up in green clothing. My husband and I ahead of time went to the dollar store and bought 50 green beads. Before dinner we walked around, I, wishing men and happy st. patty day & giving them a hug and bead, as my hubby did all the women. It was alot of fun, and later that night as we were at the pool bar, a few people bought us a drink thanking us for the beads.

Never expected anything in return, we just wanted to have a great time and celebrate the holiday & b-days.

I even bought green decor and decorated each of our parties cabin door with them. You can get cool ideas for decorating doors on google.:D

Not that I have ever seen and I have been a couple times during St. Pat Day. Walgreens had those green shot glass necklaces and beads and I pack my green swimsuit and a green top to wear that day to make it fun as well. I do admit the green beer on RC made it a little more fun (Pub on Voyager); maybe Carnival will follow suit.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Did Carnival do anthing with green beer or specials?

Archived