Disembarkation

lngtmecruiser

It appears that the getting off the ship is not very efficient, are all of the disembarks slow , we have flights at 11 AM is this to early, we are on the Eclipse

What port are you disembarking at? That makes a huge difference.

I too have been reading about some horrible issues with recent disembarkations. I'm surprised. Every one we have gone through has been trouble free.

And can only say--as others have--that disembarking from Eclipse in Miami is not always problematic... I did the sailing that ended on December 4 in Miami and, as a local, was in no tearing hurry to disembark... I was in Departure Group #31--with luggage delivery into the cruise terminal--and walked off at the appointed time, had my luggage promptly, and breezed through Immigration & Customs such that I was driving home--after catching a shuttle to where my car was parked in downtown Miami--by 8:30 AM...

Things can and do go wrong... And much of it is not within the control of the cruise line... But I can honestly say that in five cruises into Miami and Fort Lauderdale within the past year, I've not experienced issues [including any sort of queue to disembark; that reference suggests to me that folks weren't following the process of assigned departure times/waiting in a designated common area for their departure group to be called to the gangway and created, or at least contributed to, their own chaos] such as those described...

Hopefully, you'll enjoy the same smooth disembarkation experiences that I have...

The only disembarkation problems that we have ever had were after a holiday cruise when 10-11 ships were in port in Ft. Lauderdale. There just wasn't enough infrastructure - customs agents, porters, taxis, airport check-in agents and security screeners - to handle that large of an influx of pax all at once. I have not read all of today's threads closely (pesky job!), but wonder if there might have been a similar situation with many holiday sailings returning at once?

We had no problem making an 11:10 flight out of Miami on our last cruise out of that port in April. As I recall, we had signed up for self-/express-disembarkation, so we carried our own luggage and were in one of the first groups to leave the ship, which gives you a great head start. I would recommend that you try this, too.

Happy sailing!

Archived