Serious 4x4 tour to Arikok and Rock Formations

DanielBu

Hello,

does somebody know a(n) (independent) tour operator who takes cruise ship passengers to Arikok and/or the Rock Formations? It can be a 4x4-type tour.

We know most of the sights in Aruba so we like to concentrate on nature and maybe a beach at the end of the tour, that also might include some hiking. We want to skip the usual things (Chapel, Natural Bridge, Goldmines etc.) this time.

Thank you for any advice given.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

Thx for your answers, very helpful :)

@Hatteras: Which sites do they stop at while in Arikok Park?

Is hiking part of the tour or is it only for photo-stops?

Do they use professional drivers or are the guests about to drive the 4x4?

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

They stopped at the visitor center and the caves. There was no chance for hiking. They give you some time to look around at these stops, but the other stops were just for photos. They have a guide in the lead jeep, and passengers drive the other ones. Since we do a lot of beach driving, (in Cape Hatteras) my husband jumped at the chance. I think we had around 45 minutes to 1 hr. at Baby Beach.

my recommendation would be to rent a car and drive there, and then to the beach. Likely cheaper than a tour and Aruba is easy to navigate. We have done it a couple of times - the rental desk is right at the pier, but I would suggest reserving ahead. Sometimes websites don't show all the island rentals, but if you can't find Aruba listed, just call the main #. I think we used Hertz.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

does somebody know a(n) (independent) tour operator who takes cruise ship passengers to Arikok and/or the Rock Formations? It can be a 4x4-type tour.

We know most of the sights in Aruba so we like to concentrate on nature and maybe a beach at the end of the tour, that also might include some hiking. We want to skip the usual things (Chapel, Natural Bridge, Goldmines etc.) this time.

Thank you for any advice given.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

Daniel,

We booked a jeep tour in March through Shoretrips.com that goes to Arikok & Bushirbana. They have several different excursions available, both Jeep & ATV, some 1/2 day and some full day. It looks fun, hopefully it will be!

Jay

Archived