Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans!

DMage

For those of you who have not ventured over to the RCCL Meet & Mingle Ultra Voyager thread, the deck plans have been floating around thanks to Ty via e-mail. I posted them at the link below for those that would like instant gratification:

Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

Note that this is a big (5.3MB) PDF file. If anyone (RCCL or Cruise Critic) has a problem with me hosting this, please let me know. Can't wait to go cruise on this ship!

There really appears to be nothing out of the ordinary or something that stands out from the current Voyager series. It is interesting to note the aft balcony rooms on decks 5,7 and 8. Those must be the new suites. There is also 5-6 more additional rooms added onto the promenade, which means RCI increased the length of public space. I will be interested in seeing what they have added along the promenade if in fact it has been lengthened.

If they are making a claim of having the largest staterooms at sea, then RCI must have widened the ship. I know there was thought it had remained the same (unless I misread), but I find it hard to believe rooms were widened and not the ship.

Then there's always the disclaimer ;) --DECK PLANS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

This leaves me to wonder if the only thing that is staying the same is the general location and room numbers. For all we know the future renderings/layouts of public space could have been substituted w/ Voyager plans to protect any new additions. I am not a conspiracist--really :D

Maybe that's the new Presidential suite?

Decisions decisions, I want a JS (which I assume is the aqua color), debating whether to go for 1706/1406...or the bump cabins on 9...or 9580/9584/9280/9284 (exactly midship) I am wondering though if the center "bumps" are going to be noisy? Can anyone who has had cabins at the elevators on Voyager class ships confirm? I don't need a specific date other than late Oct-early Dec 06 so I can have some flexibility for the right cabin :)

Those aft cabins are really tempting...that's one heck of a hike though. At least we'll work off the meals! :)

Cheers,

Esther

If they are making a claim of having the largest staterooms at sea, then RCI must have widened the ship. I know there was thought it had remained the same (unless I misread), but I find it hard to believe rooms were widened and not the ship.

Last I heard she will have a 184 foot beam vs. the now 152 or so beam on the Voyager class ships. So, yep, she will be a lot wider. :)

Bobbie

For those of you who have not ventured over to the RCCL Meet & Mingle Ultra Voyager thread, the deck plans have been floating around thanks to Ty via e-mail. I posted them at the link below for those that would like instant gratification:

Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

Note that this is a big (5.3MB) PDF file. If anyone (RCCL or Cruise Critic) has a problem with me hosting this, please let me know. Can't wait to go cruise on this ship!

Thank you for posting the deck plans for everyone to view but the credit for obtaining and sharing the plans should be given to my best bud, JDiddy aka Joe! :cool: :D :cool: :D

epoulson.....we had JS 9324 at the end of the bump on AOS. NO NOISE from the elevator area...........the cabins are down a little hall....away from the elevator landing.....we "hated" it sooooo much that I booked 9624 (same location, just on port side) for NOS in oct.

Tye - Thank you for clearing up where the plans actually came from. Joe definetely deserves the credit.

Wow and to think we had the deck plans yesterday before anyone else.

JOE YOU ROCK!

Tye - I love you too, best gift I could have gotten yesterday although it took forever to open.

Last I heard she will have a 184 foot beam vs. the now 152 or so beam on the Voyager class ships. So, yep, she will be a lot wider. :)

Bobbie

Thank you for the confirmation. I had the suspicion she was being widened, but I could not remember for sure. Another 32 feet is amazing, that will truly be one large ship.

We are planning on doing a B2B on her sometime in June and are looking at a Grand Suite. We will have to wait and see all the other goodies sometime in March.

Thank you Joe for deck plans :)

Thank you! Thank you! to EVERYONE who played a part in getting these posted here! It is a big file.... still downloading on my (I'm sorry to say) dial up connection. Can't wait to see them!

I ditto the big thank you to everyone involved. It took me a couple of tries to get it since I too am on dial-up. (I am definitely spoilt by the T-1/broadband/highspeed at the office!) But I couldn't wait until tomorrow to get in on the excitement.

Again thanks to Joe, Ty, and everyone else involved in posting.

Archived