Barbados flights

torty

Hi sorry not 1 case 23 kg max but any amount of cases max 23 kg according to the p ad o website and confirmed by p and o this evening very confusing I know!

Isn't that just for the cruise, ie embarking and disembarking in Southampton? On my eticket in October it definitely said 1 x 23kg case to check in per person for flights.

Good Morning Paul

I still cannot believe this - I am on the phone whilst I am speaking to you and the P&O rep Andy has just confirmed strictly only one piece of checked luggage per person not to exceed 23kg - I would hate you to get to the airport and lose a case

This is not correct, one piece of hand luggage not hold luggage. This is what the P&O website says.

For luggage placed in the hold of the aircraft, a maximum weight limit is 23kg per person. This can be any number of bags, but combined weight cannot be over 23kg per person.

An additional 5kg per person is available for hand luggage. This may only be 1 item only. (Guideline dimensions are: 17" x 11" x 9" / 43cm x 28cm x 23cm)

The above baggage allowance is valid for all passengers, including infants.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/charter_luggage

Brian

I have to agree Brian, I thought you could use more than one bag to reach your 23kg limit if you wished, as is confirmed by your copy.

It's naff that Andy at P&O customer services gives out different info than the brochure, but that's usually the case, I think they make it up as they go along. :mad:

If anyone wants any concrete information on future may I suggest you contact The Chuckle Brothers and they can make up a daft story and probably give out more pertinant information than P&O direct :D

It is best to check with the airline re baggage allowances etc as in my experience it is quite common for people to arrive at the airport just over the limit thinking they will be allowed to get away with it as it is only 2kg over etc. The check in staff have no authority to waive the charge and their jobs would be at risk if the 'passengers' were in fact a undercover company team.

As for the 23kg limit. My packing for a 14 night in the Caribbean is 17.5kg including the case. I am taking a dinner jacket etc as well!. What am I missing out if I have to have 23kg :D

It is best to check with the airline re baggage allowances etc .......

Where P&O charter the aircraft, the baggage allowance is dictated by P&O so that it is the same regardless of which airline is used.

I would agree with you for scheduled flights

Brian

It is best to check with the airline re baggage allowances etc as in my experience it is quite common for people to arrive at the airport just over the limit thinking they will be allowed to get away with it as it is only 2kg over etc. The check in staff have no authority to waive the charge and their jobs would be at risk if the 'passengers' were in fact a undercover company team.

As for the 23kg limit. My packing for a 14 night in the Caribbean is 17.5kg including the case. I am taking a dinner jacket etc as well!. What am I missing out if I have to have 23kg :D

davetheroad, you're not taking enough hankies ;) :D

Isn't that just for the cruise, ie embarking and disembarking in Southampton? On my eticket in October it definitely said 1 x 23kg case to check in per person for flights.

Is quoting yourself a sign of madness? :eek:

I just dug out my eticket copy and it does not mention 1 case only, just 23kg max, as goodyearbaggieboy correctly states. :)

davetheroad, you're not taking enough hankies ;) :D

waddayoumean? I am taking 10 plus 2 which I will pre fold and starch for the dinner jacket pocket, plus a little cardboard inserter to make it easy to put in the pocket.

Attention to detail is the key, or am I just sad :D

Isn't the requirement at least 3 per day, or was that another thread? :D

Yes, it was the packing thread. You thought davetheroad might have a cold, although you didn't put it quite as politely. :eek:

It's a good job you know we're only joking davetheroad :D (well I am!)

Isn't the requirement at least 3 per day, or was that another thread? :D

3 per day? are you eating them :eek:

I must admit I take acouple of those little packets of tissues in case of unfortunate accidents with my Bombay and Tonic

3 per day? are you eating them :eek:

I must admit I take acouple of those little packets of tissues in case of unfortunate accidents with my Bombay and Tonic

Dave, one was for your nose, one was to wear on your head and Rum Rat suggested that you would also need one to wipe your Arsenal...... bless you!

The Thomson weight rules changed a good 12-month back. They stipulate, as discovered here, that you cannot balance the 23kg between other passengers.

One reason is a handling limit but that is a bit of a nonsense as some airlines permit 30kg.

As I understand it you could check in 3 bags each weighing 15kg.

Ive done ten trips to Florida and always managed to stay within the 20Kg limit (well on the way out anyway):)

Got hit quite hard on the way back once for about £90 excess Ouch.

Then did a one week trip to Menorca last October and it was only 15Kg which is very measley, We were both overweight on the way but they did not charge us though we were warned that we would get stung on the way home, I ended up leaving several older t shirts behind and some shorts and a couple of books, Got to the airport and weighed in at 13.5:mad: I loved those shorts too:D

23Kg plus 5kg hand luggage should be ok for us, and as Ive now bought an Amazon Kindle e-book reader I will save a fair bit of weight in paperbacks and mags LOL

We were given a luggage weigh device for Christmas a few years ago. Small,
Fits in our hand luggage and is invaluable.

Now our bags are always the correct weight.

They sell them in Lakeland and other places about £20

Archived