Which airport in montreal

There is only one airport with passenger traffic in Montreal. The current name is Pierre-Elliott Trudeau International or Montreal-Trudeau. Locally we call it Dorval airport after the suburb that it is. The airport code is YUL

St-Hubert airport (Quebec's number 2 airport) doesn't have passenger traffic. Airport code is YHU

Mirabel airport (Quebec's number 4 airport) is strictly cargo and closed to passenger traffic about a decade ago. Airport code is YMX

The metro code for Montreal is YMQ. Not really needed anymore, though.

Hi we are taking a cruise out of Quebec in Oct/2011 and would like to spend a few days in Montreal Which airport should we fly into it is our first time there' date='which hotel should we stay in? and then we whant to take the train to Quebec???? How long is the train ride THANKS[/quote']

As stated, YUL is your only option for Montreal, although another option you could explore is flying into Burlington, Vermont, and taking the bus to Montreal.

Lots of large hotels near the main train station downtown. In fact, I'm staying at the Château Champlain in 2 weeks' time, so I can give you a review if you want :). Where depends on your budget and what you want to see.

As stated, YUL is your only option for Montreal, although another option you could explore is flying into Burlington, Vermont, and taking the bus to Montreal.

Lots of large hotels near the main train station downtown. In fact, I'm staying at the Château Champlain in 2 weeks' time, so I can give you a review if you want :). Where depends on your budget and what you want to see.

There is also Plattsburgh, NY (PBG) that has flights from many places. Airlines flying into Plattsburgh include Spirit, Allegiant, US Air and Direct Air.

Hi we are taking a cruise out of Quebec in Oct/2011 and would like to spend a few days in Montreal Which airport should we fly into it is our first time there' date='which hotel should we stay in? and then we whant to take the train to Quebec???? How long is the train ride THANKS[/quote']

Train takes 3hr 20 min downtown Montreal (Gare central) to downtown Quebec (gare du palais) At least 4 departures per day. About $50.

http://www.viarail.ca/en

The train schedule from Montréal to Québec on Via Rail Canada is as follows.

Weekdays, depart 0710, 1300, 1610, and 1755; arrive 1029, 1610, 1925, and 2100, respectively. Weekends, depart 0830, 1300, and 1755; arrive 1135, 1610, and 2100, respectively.

The coach schedule from Montréal to Québec on Orléans Express is as follows. Daily, depart 0600, then every hour until 2000, 2130, 2230, and 0015; arrive 0915, then every hour until 2315, 0045, 0145, and 0335, respectively.

The train schedule from Montréal to Québec on Via Rail Canada is as follows.

Weekdays, depart 0710, 1300, 1610, and 1755; arrive 1029, 1610, 1925, and 2100, respectively. Weekends, depart 0830, 1300, and 1755; arrive 1135, 1610, and 2100, respectively.

The coach schedule from Montréal to Québec on Orléans Express is as follows. Daily, depart 0600, then every hour until 2000, 2130, 2230, and 0015; arrive 0915, then every hour until 2315, 0045, 0145, and 0335, respectively.

any ideas for a hotel in Montreal

Since I'm an innkeeper in Montreal, I'm precluded from making any recommendations. Sorry about that. But in Montreal, I can certainly tell you that there is a real relationship between quality and price. Most expensive is Old Montreal (the real estate is pricey), then downtown (west). B&Bs are in the Plateau (my neighbourhood) and in the Village (Bohemian part of town, therefore cheaper for the most part.)

I can help with location and if you are specific what is in the area. And any recommendations, I can make a comment on, but of course you will have to take it with a grain of salt. But it's also a bit early to reserve for October.

There are just so many hotels that it is difficult to make a general recommendation without knowing what's important in making the choice. If travel is by train from Montréal, then certainly the Queen Elizabeth is a good choice for being most convenient. Even so, there are other hotels very close to the Gare Centrale; likewise, there are many choices near the coach terminal, Station Centrale.

• 2 weeks later...

I can recommend hotels!

I live in Ottawa (Canada's capital) and a two hour drive from Montreal so we visit from time to time.

It depends on what you want and what your priorities are.

If you have an emphasis on low price but don't care about ability to cancel then I would suggest using a website like www.hotwire.com or www.priceline.com or one of the "mystery rate" hotels from sites like travelocity or expedia. I've had great success especially with the 4* plus hotels. You'll end up with one of the nice big chains which are generally reliable.

If you need something that is cancelable Montreal has some great boutique hotels that are also reasonably priced and you quite a bit more personality.

You chan check them out on tripadvisor.com Rates vary widely based on when you want to go.

Recently I had great experience with http://www.lenouvelhotel.com/ (not a boutique). It is near the subway.

I should add - I booked one of their packages and was upgraded to an Admiral Loft as a result. The front desk suggested this happens a lot but it is, of course, no guarantee. I've heard mediocre reviews for the non-Admiral Lofts so a big air of caution if you're not actually booking that class.

I can't recommend more unless you post your approximate travel dates and let us know a little about your ideal room/location/budget.

There is a reason why hotels sell their rooms anonymously through Priceline and Hotwire and it isn't because they are going to be giving you the best rooms at the most desired hotels with the best service. Sure, you can sometimes get a real deal... and you can sometimes get a real bad deal.

Check out BetterBidding.com and then see if ALL of the hotels currently listed on the list are acceptable to you, before you buy. I can honestly say that there are a few on the list that I wouldn't stay overnight, even free!

Our son went to university in Montreal and is now in grad school and we stay at two. One is the Ste Sulpice, in Old Montreal behind Notre Dame Cathedral. It's lovely and different. However, we love the Hilton Bonaventure, which is attached to the train station. It is on the upper levels of an office building and has lovely gardens and a rooftop pool. I think we paid $139 per night last May on a CAA rate.

Viv

Archived