Excursion questions

SoBaycruiser

We will be on the Treasure Islands trip in late February and I have a couple questions about excursions. I have read through the information as to what Star Clippers offers. I have also read that they the ship usually does not dock in the center of town. So my questions are these:

1) Does Star Clipper always/ever provide default activities such as swimming, snorkeling etc if one doesn't choose an excursion?

2) If they take you to shore outside of town are there any cabs or vendors at that locale through which private arrangements can be made?

Also, when do they send any documents to you? Our trip is less than 60 days and I was wondering when to expect anything from them.

Thanks in advance.

We will be on the Treasure Islands trip in late February and I have a couple questions about excursions. I have read through the information as to what Star Clippers offers. I have also read that they the ship usually does not dock in the center of town. So my questions are these:

1) Does Star Clipper always/ever provide default activities such as swimming, snorkeling etc if one doesn't choose an excursion?

2) If they take you to shore outside of town are there any cabs or vendors at that locale through which private arrangements can be made?

Also, when do they send any documents to you? Our trip is less than 60 days and I was wondering when to expect anything from them.

Thanks in advance.

We did the Windward Island itinerary but the same basics\events should happen at most of the islands you will visit.

As a general rule ... The ship will arrive at a new island location. If this location is where the ship will spend the day, they will drop anchor and establish tender service to both a beach location and to a local marina/yacht club dock in a nearby town.

The "water sports" team runs the beach location where swimming, snorkeling, sailing activities take place.

Passengers can tender to the town dock for self directed activities.

In looking at your itinerary, I think taxis will be available at St. Kitts and Gustavia. The others look to be remote island beach locations.

Enjoy!

Archived