Nice and Kotor

rs12065

We are considering going on the Solstice in October to the Mediterranean. Does anyone have any feedback regarding the tenders to Nice/Villefranche and Kotor, Montenegro? Specifically we are looking for info regarding the distance the tenders travel to the port from the ship as well as what kind of sea conditions we might expect in October.

Thanks

We have had a tender ride to Ville France. The ship did move locations in the harbour but neither trip was more than 10-15 minutes. As I noted we anchored in a harbour and there was little current to upset those in the tender.

You will find quite a bit of information about Ville France-Nice-Monaco-Eze on the Ports of Call boards.

I hope you have joined the Roll Call for your sailing. Please do so.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I have seen ships at Anchor many tims in Villefranche often blocking the fabulous views out to sea. Tenders seem to take about 10 minutes to travel to shore.

Villefranche is not much of a place, a few shops and bars. Better, if you have time, to take the local bus or train to Nice or Monte Carlo. I prefer Nice or Cannes. A wonderful Market in Nice and we always have lunch at a cafe on the beach.

I have been to Kotor on Azamara and we docked in the Village.

The best thing is the 2 hour approach to Kotor through the winding River seeing all the villages and waving to the locals.

We found Kotor charming but the electric kept failing in the Shops. It was a great place to see.

Brian

We were on Azamara Quest last October in Kotor. Beautiful place!!! Would go back there in a heartbeat. We were able to dock, but as the previous poster mentioned, it is a very protected port and when we were there it was like glass!!! Sailing in and out of the Bay of Kotor is awesome!!! Enjoy!!!

Archived