Richard in Panama - Need Help

phinfan63

Hi Richard. We are thinking of taking a land based vacation next year to Panama and was wondering if you could tell me what area would be best to stay in? We would like to stay near or on a beach and would probably try to rent a house.

Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Richard. We are thinking of taking a land based vacation next year to Panama and was wondering if you could tell me what area would be best to stay in? We would like to stay near or on a beach and would probably try to rent a house.

Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Not quite sure how this ties in with cruising, unless you are taking a cruise and doing a pre or post package. Otherwise, best we take this "off line" . . . Most people who cruise to Panama and don't just go through the Canal but have a port stop want to come back and visit. What you see around Panama City on shore excursions is just a small part. Panama is a very diverse country. Just start on Google as a point of beginning. The Ministry of Tourism has a good Web site, with information helpful to folks who are doing an independent pre or post cruise visit. Regards, Richard

Not quite sure how this ties in with cruising, unless you are taking a cruise and doing a pre or post package. Otherwise, best we take this "off line" . . . Most people who cruise to Panama and don't just go through the Canal but have a port stop want to come back and visit. What you see around Panama City on shore excursions is just a small part. Panama is a very diverse country. Just start on Google as a point of beginning. The Ministry of Tourism has a good Web site, with information helpful to folks who are doing an independent pre or post cruise visit. Regards, Richard

LOL... it has nothing to do with cruising :) We decided we might like to do a land based vacation this time and just didn't have a clue what part of Panama we should visit. I've done lots of looking on the internet but names of places really don't tell me much just because I have no knowledge of the country.

I appreciate you getting back with me though and I'll continue to search - possibly for a forum that does not deal with cruising.

Archived