Consolidators - any problems?

donnaw

We are finding that the best price on one way air from Chicago to Rome for ourOctober TA cruise is coming through one of several consolidators. We have never used them before and wonder if there are any we should stay away from? Has any one had problems or exceptional service out of any of them. First choice at the moment is airconsolidator.com which would route us through and give us a day in Zurich. There is a book out there that covers these but have not been able to find it and thinking that $45.00 is outrageous to look up info for one flight.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have used consoliadators and online discounters flying to europe in the past and have had very good luck. You might want to find out if you get the benefits of air miles for the airline involved. Some will give you miles and some won't. On our flight last June into Barcelona we were told that the flight required a night stay over in Frankfurt which was not a problem for us. If you have a night stay over in Zurich I would make the best of it. You might try priceline for a Hotel near the airport and research a bid by going to "bidding for travel". I understand Hotels can be pricy in Switzerland but I think you can make it reasonable with alittle homework. By the way, Rome is teriffic. There is so much to see. Enjoy your trip. Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky Alaska 5/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Mediterrean 05/04

Archived