Upsell Fairy Dilemma--contact number and choices?

crabby apple

I am HOPING we get a call from the Up Sell Fairy.......

I know that booking a mini suite may have prevented this in a sense, since many times it looks like if you book lower then a mini suite is what they offer.

The only other suites that we could be offered are huge ones......since there are 3 of us, right?

I kind of wish that we had just booked a balcony then we could have had an up to a mini suite.

Anyhoo, my dilemma is that they asked for a phone number for contact. We live in Germany, but are Americans here with the Department of Defense. They could not take a number in Germany.

I gave them my sister's number. We sail Feb 13th and I am thinking the next month or so are crucial for that phone call. IF they call and want to upsell, does she have to commit right then? If not, will they leave a number for a virtually immediate callback ? She could call me, then me call them back. I asked the gal about this she said that upgrades are offered via email? Is that true?

With her being 09 hours behind us by timezone it could cause a problem also.

Do mini suites with 3 guest ever get offered upgrades?

I would go to the NCL website and check on what mini-suites are available. If the price is comparable to what you paid originally, then give them a call and ask about an upgrade. All they can do is say "no" and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thank you for your service to our country!

Yes, you are correct in that it would need a larger penthouse. However, keep in mind that very, very few people get the call. Don't fret too much. Also, be happy that you booked the mini-suite as it is better suited to three people than a balcony. Again, had you booked a balcony you'd be hoping for the upsell fairy, but upsells don't happen frequently.

I would go to the NCL website and check on what mini-suites are available. If the price is comparable to what you paid originally, then give them a call and ask about an upgrade. All they can do is say "no" and it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thank you for your service to our country!

Thank you I will pass it on to him. 20+ years now.

I did call, and since we have a mini suite they said they won't offer up sells till probably another week or two. Since there are 3 of us in it, there really are only two or three types of rooms to even upgrade to. If there were just 2 there would be more options if they called us.

We are really hoping to get 'the call' because I am nervous that my sister will ignore the phone call or something. Darn it. :(

I am HOPING we get a call from the Up Sell Fairy.......

I know that booking a mini suite may have prevented this in a sense, since many times it looks like if you book lower then a mini suite is what they offer.

The only other suites that we could be offered are huge ones......since there are 3 of us, right?

I kind of wish that we had just booked a balcony then we could have had an up to a mini suite.

Anyhoo, my dilemma is that they asked for a phone number for contact. We live in Germany, but are Americans here with the Department of Defense. They could not take a number in Germany.

I gave them my sister's number. We sail Feb 13th and I am thinking the next month or so are crucial for that phone call. IF they call and want to upsell, does she have to commit right then? If not, will they leave a number for a virtually immediate callback ? She could call me, then me call them back. I asked the gal about this she said that upgrades are offered via email? Is that true?

With her being 09 hours behind us by timezone it could cause a problem also.

Do mini suites with 3 guest ever get offered upgrades?

I called today and was told, NCL is no longer taking upsell requests.

Archived