New to Radisson - few questions

bbcstt

Taking our 7th cruise overall (first on Radisson) on June 8, 2005 from NYC to Bermuda on the Navigator.

First, can I get one liter on Jack Daniel's Black and a liter of Ketel One vodka as my initial bar set-up.

Second, has anyone been in Siute 1018. How is it ? Is there the vibration I have read so much about ?

Third, is the pool fresh water like the Dawn Princess (in 1999 at least it was) or salt water like on Celebrity and RCCL ?

And last, any recommendations from the menu's in the Compass Rose and Portofino Grill ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I am getting really excited (as I always do). Only 101 more days.

Thanks for any advice.

Suite 1018 is mid ship, I believe and forward as well. Vibration tends toward the rear of the ship in the Theatre and Compass Rose at the back end. It did not bother us at all - we were in 724, I think for our Bermuda Cruise and in 601 for our NYC to Montreal Cruise. You will have a really good time there. We walked off the ship and took a taxi tour of the island and really enjoyed it.

As for food in Compass Rose and Portofino, we like to book Portofino the first night before everyone else discovers it. Then you have an opportunity to go a second time. They have two themes now so you will want to check what the theme is for the second night if you can get in twice. I always asked our waiter/waitress for suggestions of the daily choices. They have a suggested Degustation Menu and you can pick and choose between the choices.

I have heard the crossing can be rough, but it was not (to us) and we did have rain one day of the crossing - even spotting a water spout/tornado but the Captian steered us away from it. It was fascinating to see.

Greetings,

I was in 1004 last July to Bermuda. Great location. No vibration and a fairly smooth ride. Close to Portofino and the pool.

Pool is salt water.

The food in both Compass Rose and Portofino were outstanding. You can't go wrong.

You'll have a great time, but will be spoiled and have a hard time going back to other cruise lines.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,

Jay

Here is the list from the Mariner cruise I just got off. I got a bottle of Jack but it is a "premium" so you get only one.

edited to add: On the Mariner the swimming pool is salt water, which upset one table mate one night, he was 87 and a trip. :eek:

Also bringing on a bottle is not a nono on Radisson. I do not know prices in Bermuda but in the tax-free ports in the Caribbean, pax brought bottles and carried them on.

Untitled-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We're longtime mass market cruisers getting really tired of everything geared to first time cruisers. Our next cruise will be on Radisson or it's equivalent.

Question. Do they have photographers snapping your picture every five minutes as they do on RCI and NCL and the hokey Photo Gallery? Just curious.

We have been on the Mariner and the Paul Gauguin. They do each have a photographer but they were very low key and you are under no pressure to purchase photos. They did get some great shots though and we purchased some on each trip.

bpear1600, if you really want to go with #1, it's Seabourn.....no photographers, just recently announced.....digitals win, big time!

BTW....less than 200 pax!!

My wife would not like Seabourn... as she loves pics. that being said, we found Radisson is no pressure on photos and a bit less obvious.

We're longtime mass market cruisers getting really tired of everything geared to first time cruisers. Our next cruise will be on Radisson or it's equivalent.

Question. Do they have photographers snapping your picture every five minutes as they do on RCI and NCL and the hokey Photo Gallery? Just curious.

We aren't sure yet about RSSC, but we know that on Silversea, there was none of that!

Heavens no.

On some Radisson cruises we never saw them. On others you might see them but they always asked first. If you say NO they move on very quickly.

They do meet you at the bottom of the stairs when you dock at ports, but once again they ask very politely and if you say no they don't bother you.

• 3 weeks later...

All of the pictures taken by the photographers are displayed in the photo lounge, which is by the boutiques on the seventh deck. Very discreet, they were never in your face if you did not want them to take pictures. We enjoyed all of the pictures we got, and they had a deal where if you spent $99 you got all of the pictures they took. We ended up with about ten nice portraits and the excursion pictures when you get off the ship. It also comes with a nice photo album to display your pics.

Beware of Radisson- this is what they have done to me!!!! :confused:

Has anyone ever had this happen? I was booked (and paid) since last year to sail on Radisson's Paul Gauguin on Aug 6th 2005 in French polynesia with a 4 day pre-package on Moorea and air from LAX to Tahiti included in cruise package. My travel agent called today to say that Radisson has bumped all passangers booked on this week to let a charter company have the ship. This was to be a trip of a life time, with my sister and husband, who would be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary the week we were at sea. I am shocked at Radisson, they have not been at all helpful or nice. They offered a cabin upgrade of one catagory on another sailing, but then were unable to give us any of the alternative dates that we requested. They did offer a full refund of the price of the cruise. (Not what I wanted at all!) I am very upset, and concerned about the non-refundable costs that Radisson has incurred to me: 4 first class airline ticket I booked to LAX, the hotel at LAX, the limo, not to mention the scheduling, time, effort and now the huge disappointment. In doing research on Radisson today, I found out that the Paul Gauguin ship has been sold and may not be in French polynesia much longer. Perhaps this is why rebooking with Radisson seems impossible. Does anyone have any advice or comments about the way Radisson treats their customers? Do I have any other options?

Archived