Sailing Catamaran to Bequia

PrincessE

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone ever done this through Princess Cruises?

My husband and I have it pre-booked, but I'm hearing that it might not be such a great shore ex.

Any thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Erica

Hi Erica!

I did this catamaran sailing with HAL,but I was on the Princess website and pulled the video up. The ship and the crew featured in the video are the same ones that did ours.

If you are not a strong snorkler or newbie, there is no one to assist you. The beach stop is very nice. Bequia stop was very limited in items to do.

The Catamaran had rather hard plastic benches with the standard catamaran bathroom. I felt bad for about half of the people on the tour because access on and off the catamaran was challenge.

HAL charged around $130 for this tour and frankly I felt it was too high. Out of five stars, I will give it a three. The crew and guides are first rate and the sail between St. Vincent and Bequia is rather stunning. But would I do this tour again? No.

• 3 months later...

We also did this excursion through HAL. We enjoyed it. After the sail over, the first stop is in town. Not much there, but you can wander around a little. The catamaran sails up to the shore, but the ladder goes down into the water, so you will get your feet and ankles wet. While you are wandering around, the crew organizes lunch. If I remember correctly, it was fish, chicken, rice, salad, and dessert. Once lunch is done, you sail across the bay to a nice little beach where you spend a couple of hours. On the way back to St. Vincent, you sail past Moonhole (look it up on the internet), and then it is "Happy Hours!", when the rum punch flows freely!

It was quite windy the day we sailed, and we were afraid we would get seasick. We did not, and it did not seem to have been a problem for anyone else on the catamaran.

• 3 months later...
Hi Erica!

I did this catamaran sailing with HAL,but I was on the Princess website and pulled the video up. The ship and the crew featured in the video are the same ones that did ours.

If you are not a strong snorkler or newbie, there is no one to assist you. The beach stop is very nice. Bequia stop was very limited in items to do.

The Catamaran had rather hard plastic benches with the standard catamaran bathroom. I felt bad for about half of the people on the tour because access on and off the catamaran was challenge.

HAL charged around $130 for this tour and frankly I felt it was too high. Out of five stars, I will give it a three. The crew and guides are first rate and the sail between St. Vincent and Bequia is rather stunning. But would I do this tour again? No.

We did the same one on Princess and agree with your report. No desire to do this one again.

Archived