Carnival tipping

Laurie715

I couldn't agree with you more! I wish the gratuity was included in the fare. Would make discussions like these go away (although it would just start up an "its too expensive!!" squabble) and the staff would get what they more than earn.

As for people who are on a tight budget, I can't really sympathize too much. Perhaps they should have done a little better research or put off the cruise until they could afford the grats.

And as for the mortgage reference, mine is less than that and will be paid off in 5 years!! I see more cruises in the future hahaha

Yeah, but in fairness to us poor working folk we made decisions just like the workers who decided to work for tips yet people feel that I should be the one who suffers. My family comes first. I am spending upwards of 6k on this trip into a struggling economy. Sorry I can't solve everyone's problems but I will spread my money as far as I can. Your sympathies can go to whom you choose and so will mine.

I've heard so much about tipping and pre-paying. My question is this: I heard that if you pre pay your tips it goes directly to your servers.. but if you give them cash in envelopes they have to pool this with co-workers... seems you rip them off if you hand them cash and they have to pool it. Does anyone have any more info on this practice ?

You can not tip if you want. It is OK to not tip, or pay in cash. No pools are taken. Hope this helps.:)

Archived