Bed Bugs

2little time

My next cruise includes a 5 day land tour. I have noticed on 3 different web sites that one of the hotels Princess has designated for two nights has a bed bug problem. Do you think we would be allowed to change to a different hotel that does not have that problem reported?:eek:

My next cruise includes a 5 day land tour. I have noticed on 3 different web sites that one of the hotels Princess has designated for two nights has a bed bug problem. Do you think we would be allowed to change to a different hotel that does not have that problem reported?:eek:

If it is part of a princess land tour, you could call and ask, but my guess is that Princess does not give you a choice of hotels. Good Luck!

It depends where it is. In most cities, Princess has arrangements with only one or two hotels..

That said, note when the problem has occurred and contact the hotel directly to see what remediation has been done. Hotels tend to be VERY reactive with such things and you may find the hotel has been properly exterminated. If the hotel cannot give you a comfort level, then call Princess and see what other options there are, the fact that you spoke with the hotel will go a long way in your favor.

Finally, if all else fails, there are simple checks to ensure your room is as clean as possible and guidelines to prevent transmission. I won't post them all here, a simple google search should suffice. If you find your room not clean, immediately request a new one. Most bed bug infestations affect a few rooms or a single floor not an entire facility.

I don't know which hotel you are referring to, but AFAIK, the only city where Princess uses multiple establishments is in Fairbanks.

I think they may have more than one in Anchorage as well...

Probably. I never even though of Anchorage since the OP is on a 5 day land tour and in my mind they don't start there. I've been know to be mistaken once or twice before. :D

Archived