First-time cruiser taking 4/26 Galaxy Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore ... need suggetions

Gamero

As I said, me and my new husband are first-time cruisers and I have only JUST had time to start researching what to bring, what to do, what to expect, etc., etc (and the cruise is less than a week away). Can anyone offer any suggestions or web sites that tell us what we should and shouldnt pack, what excursions are worth it or not, what we can expect ... anything such as that.

I am the type of person who loves to be informed ahead of time, so I am trying to cram all the info into a few days! Thanks for any help you can offer!

Gina

We went on the 10 day cruise out of Balto 2 summers ago. It was a great time. If you have never been before be sure to get off the ship and see what you can. If you are on a 10 day that stops in Beleze (I know that is spelled wrong more than likely) be sure to try cave tubing if you would be up to a walk in a jungle type of area. It was so much fun and the best tour we have ever taken. By the way your shoes will be wet on this tour. I am sure you would never forget it. Clothing should be cool and good walking shoes when off the ship. The cruise docs should give you a good idea of what to take for evenings. You may want to bring a power strip if you are going to have things to plug in. One outlet is provided in the room and one in the bath room only. Do as much as you will enjoy and just have a great time. Celebrity is a great choice and I know you will enjoy it all!

Seaward 11/97, Monarck of the Sea 11/98, Sea Princess 11/99, Century 12/00, Norway 2/02, Galaxy 7/02, Constellation 12/02, Summit 8/03, Norwegian Dawn 12/03, Voyager of the Seas 7/2/04.

Hi Gina,
We did this cruise in 2002. If you go to the cruise critic home page,at the top you can click on "tips". There is a lot of info that might be helpful to you. You can also look at the port of call board for excursion ideas. We had a great time snorkeling at coco cay and Chankkanaab park in Cozumel. It's probably best to do an excursion in Belize or stay on the ship. There is a very small shopping area where the tenders dock. We did cave tubing and had a great time. I have been to Key West a couple times and just enjoy wandering around the town. If you have some specific questions, I'll try to answer them. Nancy

Century-Eastern Caribbean 11/00
Galaxy-Ultimate Caribbean 11/02
Zenith-Bermuda
10/03
Century-Western Caribbean 01/04
Horizon-Bermuda
10/04

Archived