Fred. Olsen and Liverpool

Popsey Wopsey

Thanks Parsman,you are right about the poor conditions.My friend came back to a foot of snow on the car park that is used at Langton,no one there to help them out of the muddy snow ,total nightmare,no wonder Freds., pulling out.Liverpool and Northern Cruisers don,t deserve such shoddy treatment by the Port Authority.:eek:

I've just tried to sign but got the following message (7.48pm)

This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance.

I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Rick.

I've just tried to sign but got the following message (7.48pm)

This survey is currently closed. Please contact the author of this survey for further assistance.

I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Rick.

Its still closed this morning, why I don,t know but keep trying.:)

We signed middle of last week and it was open then so must have just closed it. We are sailing from Liverpool in April - having experienced the conditions there I am prepared! The situation is very sad as there is a big catchment area from the North West for cruisers. I suspect next year it will be Glasgow departure for us unless we can get a Newcastle cruise going somewhere other than the Northern Europe route.

I am not holding my breath that this will be sorted anytime soon because there is a war going on between Liverpool and Southampton over this and it is all to do with how the new terminal was funded.

Living an hours travel south of Liverpool,departures from the port are very handy,however ,if the problem with Liverpool can,t be solved ,perhaps FOCL will look at Holyhead.

I think Mostyn has been looked at but not enough draft for Boudicca to operate.:)

We signed middle of last week and it was open then so must have just closed it. We are sailing from Liverpool in April - having experienced the conditions there I am prepared! The situation is very sad as there is a big catchment area from the North West for cruisers. I suspect next year it will be Glasgow departure for us unless we can get a Newcastle cruise going somewhere other than the Northern Europe route.

I am not holding my breath that this will be sorted anytime soon because there is a war going on between Liverpool and Southampton over this and it is all to do with how the new terminal was funded.

Hi we are also cruising in April which cruise are you on we go 23rd April. I signed the pertition last year, a friend in Liverpool told me about it. I must have been one of the first to sign. Looking like Newcastle for us too. coming from Nr Blackpool Liverpool is our ideal port. The powers that be hold all the cards and they always get there own way.

Chrissy

Hi we are also cruising in April which cruise are you on we go 23rd April. I signed the pertition last year, a friend in Liverpool told me about it. I must have been one of the first to sign. Looking like Newcastle for us too. coming from Nr Blackpool Liverpool is our ideal port. The powers that be hold all the cards and they always get there own way.

Chrissy

Hi Chrissy

Yes we are on the 23rd April cruise. Really looking forward to it. We will probably consider Greenock as well as Newcastle. Only a couple of cruises go from Newcastle to Spain - mostly they are Norway etc which we are not keen on. Just couldn't face that journey down to Dover/Portsmouth again by coach having done it once. It took 7 hours.

Hi Chrissy

Yes we are on the 23rd April cruise. Really looking forward to it. We will probably consider Greenock as well as Newcastle. Only a couple of cruises go from Newcastle to Spain - mostly they are Norway etc which we are not keen on. Just couldn't face that journey down to Dover/Portsmouth again by coach having done it once. It took 7 hours.

We have done this cruise before but not in April. Had a fab time. As it falls with bank holidays and the royal wedding and a friend thats cruising with us having a birthday on 28th, our sudden upgrade to balcony cabin im sure this is going to be a wonderful cruise you never know we may bump into each other on board.

regards Chrissy

I liver in Liverpool, but don't find it much hassel to drive to Southampton.

Have done two Fred's from Liverpool and three from Soton and just booked another Southampton one.

Doesn't bother one way or the other!

John

Well, there's no Liverpool option in 2012.

That leaves a huge area of population in the North West and North Wales that will have long journeys to make if they want to travel with FO.

I wonder if their database is sophisticated enough to be able to tell them how much custom they lose from that area as a consequence.

There are not going to be many people who will happily drive, or sit on a coach, for that length of road journey.

Well, there's no Liverpool option in 2012.

That leaves a huge area of population in the North West and North Wales that will have long journeys to make if they want to travel with FO.

I wonder if their database is sophisticated enough to be able to tell them how much custom they lose from that area as a consequence.

There are not going to be many people who will happily drive, or sit on a coach, for that length of road journey.

Hi well said. we wont be going to Soton. AND A FEW others im sure will feel the same. I dont do travel it bores the pants off me, Its bad enough we have to travel three hours when we go to see our son in Ireland this is not an option. But our cruise port is. It adds a day and a halp extra travel on top of the cruise. If Fred Olsen had a smaller ship to replace Black Prince would we be having this topic now. So what Langton Docks is a dump but we arnt staying there are we its the means to an end we get on the cruise ship and away we go.

Chrissy

Archived