Family Choice cruises

Jo and Rob

I was wondering if the term family choice is only relating to cheaper child places when booking or if there are aspects during the cruise that make them "family choice".

All information about activities, events and characters would be much appreciated.

many thanks

I don't it means very much in practice, other than they are expecting lots of children on board so will have lots of things lined up. We have only done 2 weeks cruises on P&O so far but they have usually included things like family magic shows (which you can go to them with, or they can to with the children's club), pirate parties, fancy dress parties, talent shows etc. They also had a Noddy breakfast in one of the main dining rooms on Azura and Ventura.

I think Mr Bump will make an appearance! I wonder if Noddy will have a breakfast on our cruise. Characters seem to be the new thing, on the Allure of the Seas we had characters from Madagascar (penguins, Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julian the ring tailed Lemar) plus Kung Fu Panda and the main characters from Shrek. I think it is a good idea and more relevant to kids in lots of ways than the traditional Disney characters. The only character on Costa was Squok which was the also the name of the kids club and he was a cross between a dinosaur and a dolphin!

I think Mr Bump will make an appearance! I wonder if Noddy will have a breakfast on our cruise. Characters seem to be the new thing, on the Allure of the Seas we had characters from Madagascar (penguins, Alex the Lion, Gloria the Hippo, King Julian the ring tailed Lemar) plus Kung Fu Panda and the main characters from Shrek. I think it is a good idea and more relevant to kids in lots of ways than the traditional Disney characters. The only character on Costa was Squok which was the also the name of the kids club and he was a cross between a dinosaur and a dolphin!

I suspect Noddy will be waiting for them in the terminal - he has been on the last two cruises. In fact on the last cruise Noddy was a bit cheeky and thought it was rather funny to try and engage some of the more mature passengers, some of whom didn't seem in the least amused. I will never forget the rather miserable elderly gentlemen hitting Noddy with his passport shouting "shoo shoo".:D

Archived