Ventura Help please

mishel02

I am thinking of booking a cruise for the first time on venture but have a few questions

is the outside cabin with a balcony any larger than a normal outside cabin for inside space ie not inc the balcony

we will be tarvelling with my 5 year old and wondered if the balcony doors are lockable and child proof and what the railing are like on the balcony

thanks everyone

I am thinking of booking a cruise for the first time on venture but have a few questions

is the outside cabin with a balcony any larger than a normal outside cabin for inside space ie not inc the balcony

we will be tarvelling with my 5 year old and wondered if the balcony doors are lockable and child proof and what the railing are like on the balcony

thanks everyone

They are not any larger, that is apart from the superior balconies on D deck.

I seem to recall that there was a bolt /catch at high level to stop the doors sliding.

The front of the balcony comprises a glass screen approx 1m high

Hope this helps.

Cb

We worried about exactly the same thing! The doors are quite heavy and would be difficult (though not impossible) for a five year old to open.

A child would have to stand on the furniture and still hoist themselves up to actually go over the rail, so unless you plan to leave your child unattended ( which I guess you wouldn't!) there's no need to worry :)

thanks everyone

Superior balcony cabins are larger than normal balcony cabins, having space for a settee.

Here is a pic of the balcony rail and door. It was lockable and heavy to slide, but as ROSEBASKETS points out, not impossible for a small child.

1533222874_ventura3seadays(5).jpg.799300b9b815f9cea5c635de12c6e981.jpg

Superior balcony cabins are larger than normal balcony cabins, having space for a settee.

Here is a pic of the balcony rail and door. It was lockable and heavy to slide, but as ROSEBASKETS points out, not impossible for a small child.

If you book a balcony cabin on C Deck the balcony is twice as deep as shown on U2 photo. Hence you can keep the furniture well away from the balcony rail

Cb

thanks everyone

There is a bolt in the top corner of the door, well out of reach of a child, which can be used if deemed necessary. The balconies on Ventura have glass panels between the rail and the floor. If you are still concerned about the falling over issue, go for a cabin on C deck. As well as being bigger, these balconies overlook those on D deck, so anyone falling over would merely land on the balcony of the deck below.

Archived