Early/Late dinner seating.. Tip to get changed??

BOBFudge

Just booked Triumph for 2/5.. Early seating is wait listed as well as the your time dining option..I plan on going immediately to dining room upon boarding ship and requesting change from my late seating to early.. We are only a party of 2.. Hopefully it wont be a problem, as I have been switched several times in the past...Should we plan on tipping @ that time to hopefully get switched? I know it's only 28 days till sailing which is why early is full, BUT what to do what to do? LOL:D

Just booked Triumph for 2/5.. Early seating is wait listed as well as the your time dining option..I plan on going immediately to dining room upon boarding ship and requesting change from my late seating to early.. We are only a party of 2.. Hopefully it wont be a problem, as I have been switched several times in the past...Should we plan on tipping @ that time to hopefully get switched? I know it's only 28 days till sailing which is why early is full, BUT what to do what to do? LOL:D

I've never had to tip to get changed. Each time we have asked our request has always been honored. We just had to wait til the second night to change. The first night you could always eat in the buffet.

I'm also booked on this cruise. Can't wait... it's getting closer.

I have never had to tip to switch before either, however, I have never seen WAIT LISTED as my status.. So, I was hopeful that possibly a small tip may help if early is full! Yes, it is getting close!! YAHOOO!;)

On my last cruise, we (me and DH) decided we were tired of being at group tables and really wanted to eat alone. On embarkation day, right after eating lunch, I got in line at the MDR and the Maitre'd immediately set us up for a table for 2! It was effective starting the first night, no waiting for 2nd night. Was anytime dining still available?

A friend and I once went on a cruise and we wanted early dinning. We were told we were number 300 on the waiting list. We said okay.lol.

The next night we got the early dinning time. The other people at our table were number 500 for early dinning.lol. They created a new table for all 8 of us people who had asked to be moved to an early dinning.lol.

NO! Don't offer any money to get moved. They go by who asked first to be moved. They will not skip the people who asked ahead of you. They try to be fair to everybody.

It is rude to use a tip as a bribe. If there is room you will be switched. If there is no room, it wouldn't matter anyway. If you do get the time changed then the time for a tip to the Maitre d' is the last night.

Archived