Where in Miami?

Ms_Pammy

Hi All!

Can someone please tell me what part of Miami is closest to the port?

Coral Gables

Downtown

Miami Beach

North Miami Beach

South Beach

Im trying to find a Hotel that is close and will shuttle to the port.

Thanks Pam

For out Jan 1, 2006 on the Valor I have already made reservations at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. I stumbled on the fact that weekend is not only New Years Eve but also the weekend of the Orange bowl so I booked 3 rooms. Included in the price of $219.00 is transportation to the port and breakfast. I think the rate was a little higher because of NYE and Orange Bowl-but at least I know I have a room.

We stayed in South Beach and had a wonderful time. There's, of course, South Beach and loads of great shopping. The stores are open until the wee hourse of the morning. I highly recommend either staying there or visiting it.

I live in downtown Miami so I know the area well. I would say downtown for sure if you are concerned about being close to port...it is literally 5 minutes from the hotels downtown to the port. There is the JW Marriot, Intercontinentaql, Doubletree, Four Seasons (which is really $$$ but is worth it to go drop in for a drink, the bar is gorgeous). I suggest downtown, we are getting a whole new complex (besides Bayside) that will have TONS of restaurants and shops. It is opening July 2005. There are also great bistros going up all over the Brickell/Downtown area. If you are going to be in Miami more than a day..take a trip to the Grove (5minutes from downtown) and check out COCOWALK and Vizcaya Gardens. Go to SOBE and see the Art Deco style and check out Lincoln Road. Coral Gables has some great art galleries, restaurants, and the historic Biltmore Hotel. Enjoy your stay in MIA!

From

MIAMI NICOLE

We are staying at the Days Inn on 11st Street. I have heard bad & good things about it, but it has free shuttle services from the airport & to the port, so we decided to try it. It is also priced at under $65 a night (I know, you get what you pay for). However, we are hoping it is at least presentable for an overnight stay before the cruise. The Days Inn & Holiday Inn both came recommended by our TA, although I got the best rate by booking online directly through the Days Inn website.

There is another thread somewhere in Cruise Critics where there are other recommendations. I do remember that the one was a Holiday Inn but there are more than one and I don't remember which one. Try searching online here & maybe you can find the other threads for additional information.

. There is the JW Marriot, Intercontinentaql, Doubletree, Four Seasons (which is really $$$ but is worth it to go drop in for a drink, the bar is gorgeous). I suggest downtown, we are getting a whole new complex (besides Bayside) that will have TONS of restaurants and shops. It is opening July 2005.

MIAMI NICOLE

How far is this from the Hyatt? Several of the Valor Vampires are staying there for our precruise party. We might want to wonder over and take a look see.

Also, my MIL booked through Hotwire and was able to get the Intercontinental for about $126 including taxes. Search Downtown Miami and find the 4* hotels. Look for the one that has restaurant, pool, fitness center and laundry icons in that order. It shows $106 or so but the taxes are added in before you pay.

Also, the Sheraton Biscayne Bay shows up as a 3.5* and is listed as a customer favorite. Restaurant, Pool, Golf Course Nearby and Tennis Courts Nearby are the icons for this hotel. Shows for about $65 before taxes and isn't too far from the pier as well.

Archived