Caribbean Collection

scott mencer

My husband and I are in our mid 50s and we did this cruise last March. We loved it. Week long cruises are just not long enough for us. We've even tried 10 day ones.We want new islands with the option of cruising farther south than on the shorter cruises, with no repeats. The air fare from the upper Midwest as expensive and time consuming as it is... Well 14 days is perfect. Please Princess, bring back the 14 day cruises out of Ft Lauderdale.

I'm with you all on being p'd abut this change. When I originally began looking at these cruises, the 14 day was only out of FLL & back. Now for what amounts to the same trip (less St. Vincent's) we go all the way back to FLL and then out AGAIN.

And so we looked at the 20 day but same scenario with two times at Princess Cays and two times at St. Thomas. Ewww. :rolleyes:

Could you not come up with at least ONE cruise Princess that doesn't do this 'repeat bizness' stuff? We've been to St. Thomas quite enuf and don't care if we ever go to Princess Cays. I want to see islands and destinations I haven't yet been to, not the same old same old.

Someone - this thread or another I don't recall - said something about peeps not having 14 days or more to spend for a cruise. I don't agree. There are many of us 'baby boomers' who have the time and the money and would really appreciate an 18-21 day cruise of the Caribbean along the lines of the (former) "Caribbean Collection". So please bring at least ONE cruise back that doesn't return to FLL half way thru the cruise. I come - among other things - for the sun. I have no desire to return to the chill. :(

I totally agree....also for us Canadians, airfare is not cheap to FLL and I find that a 14 day cruise or longer offsets that expensive flight or at least makes it more worthwhile. Flights cost anywhere from $600 - $900 generally unless you catch an excellent price.

Also, I book my cruises a year out so that I can "afford" my cruise by making installment payments so that I pay the cost off over a year.

DH and I are sailing March 14 also. We did this cruise in Oct. 2010 and loved it. The only disappointment we had was that there was no International Cafe, so we'd planned to wait until after the dry dock to do this cruise again. Very disappointed to learn that Princess would not be offering it then so we booked for March. We, too, want a cruise of more than 7 days. Although there were not too many children aboard in October, there was a nice range of ages among passengers and we had a great time.

Archived