Standard vs extended balcony on Legend?

tigerxj

My wife and I are booking our honeymoon cruise (one year late). We are planning on the April 24 sailing on the Carnival Legend. This is my 3rd cruise, my wife's first.

We have several choices; standard balcony, extended, and premium. I've never had a balcony before, my wife has never been on a ship, so it would all be novel to us.

The extended balconies are about 2x as big, but are in the narrow section of the ship...which means the balconies from the wide section of the ship might have the ability to look around the edge and see back into your room/balcony. Also, if you are too close to the wide section, you may not be able to see around it and see forward/aft.

Can anyone confirm or refute this? Are you able to see into balconies from any other balcony?

here's a picture to describe what i'm talking about. If I am in room 6203 (or something nearby), can the people in 6219 walk out to their balcony, peak around the end, and see my balcony? Also, if I were in lets say 6217, will my view be terribly obstructed to the rear?

2114598950073928829S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks!

TigerXJ

on any balcony,if you lean forward enough you can see onto the other balcony.Also be aware that because of the plexiglass on the bottom of the balcony if you are sitting on the balcony you can see a reflection onto the other balcony.(The person sitting topless in her chair on the balcony next to ours had no idea this could happen!)The balconies are really not all that private if someone really wants to be looking at the next blacony.

We had 8232 on the Legend and it was a very long balcony.

Laura

Archived