Texas Hold Em -Spirit

tkportersat

I don't remember if the Spirit had a live table. They do have a live 10 person table on the Gem and Dawn. They spread 1/2 no limit holdem with a tasty 10% rake with a $25.00 maximum rake. They also offered several tournies. Enjoy your cruise.

IMO, its not worth playing on the ships. not only is it a 10% rake, but its a $1 min. so if the BB gets a walk, the dealer just keeps the SB. the tournaments are a very quick super turbo style. you start with 20BBs, after 10-15min the blinds double and you're already down to 10BBs if you haven't taken a big pot within the first orbit or two. there isn't much play at all because its mainly shove/fold play the whole time. unless there is someone at the cash table just handing away money, its VERY tough to come out ahead.

Yeah, not the best but I know my husband and I will play a few times just so we can play. Still better than those Pokerpro machines, so I will be thankful they have a live game. :)

IMO, its not worth playing on the ships. not only is it a 10% rake, but its a $1 min. so if the BB gets a walk, the dealer just keeps the SB. the tournaments are a very quick super turbo style. you start with 20BBs, after 10-15min the blinds double and you're already down to 10BBs if you haven't taken a big pot within the first orbit or two. there isn't much play at all because its mainly shove/fold play the whole time. unless there is someone at the cash table just handing away money, its VERY tough to come out ahead.

Archived