Opinions please: European/Mediterrean cruises

My dgtr (17) and I are thinking about doing one of the following cruises next summer. I would value your opinions if you have done one of these cruises before.

11 night Greek Isles/Turkey on Splendour of the Seas (out of Venice)

7 night W. Med. on Liberty of the Seas (out of Barcelona)

12 night Greece/Italy out of Barcelona

My dgtr (17) and I are thinking about doing one of the following cruises next summer. I would value your opinions if you have done one of these cruises before.

11 night Greek Isles/Turkey on Splendour of the Seas (out of Venice)

7 night W. Med. on Liberty of the Seas (out of Barcelona)

12 night Greece/Italy out of Barcelona

You didn't list which ship you were considering for the 12 ni. Barcelona, but we did the Brilliance this past Sept. I picked it because the itinerary covered a LOT of ground - Spain, France, Italy (including Venice), and Greece (Corfu). It was a special cruise just for the DH and myself and we booked a corner aft cabin.

The cruise was pretty much all I had hoped for. Yes, it's a busy itinerary, but I wanted to see as much as possible. We did have 2 at-sea days and that was nice. We booked mostly private tours with people from our M&M, and that worked out wonderfully.

We are taking the 11 night out of Venice. We figured if we were traveling all the way over there and paying that airfare, we wanted a bit of a longer cruise so we ruled the 7 day out right away. I picked the 11 night out of Venice, because I have not been to Venice and I liked the variety of the ports. We are going to end the trip by taking the high speed train down to Rome and spend a couple of days there so it will end up being a nice full two week trip.

Plus, the price was pretty good in comparison to other cruises for that length in the Med. The 12 day out of Barcelona looked really good too, but I think the price was a lot better for the 11 day, and we are paying for my sister and her husband for her 50th Bday, so all the prices were going to be times 4 for us.

Both of them looked really good though.

I love the Liberty of the Seas and was SO excited to see her scheduled out of Barcelona for 2011. We are doing a 7 night....and also spending a few extra days in Barcelona (LOVE that city)!! With the flight from the USA (overnight flight getting there), it will still be a 12 day trip for me.

I would highly recommend Egypt and a trip to the Pyramids as part of the cruise. It is as breath taking as I thought it would be, being a main study subject in all America History books and countless movies just say you have been there is a plus. It would have been super duper without the vendors who are among the pushiest in the world.

One thing if you try for it do a ship with two nights in port. Trip is too long and too much to see else where

I love the Liberty of the Seas and was SO excited to see her scheduled out of Barcelona for 2011. We are doing a 7 night....and also spending a few extra days in Barcelona (LOVE that city)!! With the flight from the USA (overnight flight getting there), it will still be a 12 day trip for me.

Love the Liberty too.. Will be on her March 19th (eastern caribbean) and then again Aug 27th (med)...pre cruise Barcelona and post cruise London..did post cruise in London after Baltics this past Aug and LOVED this city..and what a coincidence we are routed on BA through there to get to Barcelona..;):)

Archived