Transportation from Nola Airport????

Vegas Lobster

Thank you! I was hoping it wouldn't be too much. We paid 70 I think from Fort Lauderdale to the Miami port so 32 sounds way better :D
Yup $30 is the flat rate now I believe.

Just FYI - if you're ever in the position of going from FLL to POM again contact SAS transportation. $15 per person. We save a bunch on the air fare to FLL vs MIA and have used them a number of times.

Charlie

Taxicabs:

A cab ride costs $33.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $14.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. Taxis are required to offer a credit card payment option.

http://flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

Taxicabs:

A cab ride costs $33.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) for one or two persons and $14.00 (per passenger) for three or more passengers. Pick-up is on the lower level, outside the baggage claim area. There may be an additional charge for extra baggage. Taxis are required to offer a credit card payment option.

http://flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

I had the same question and came across this exact same quote as well. I'm assuming you can just walk down and get a taxi without having to have a reservation? I've always driven myself in/out of NOLA and never had to use airport transportation there so I'm a little lost. Taxi rates sure beat the shuttle/van rates that's for sure!

I had the same question and came across this exact same quote as well. I'm assuming you can just walk down and get a taxi without having to have a reservation? I've always driven myself in/out of NOLA and never had to use airport transportation there so I'm a little lost. Taxi rates sure beat the shuttle/van rates that's for sure!

Yes, lots of taxis. Renting a car at the airport with a downtown drop off location can also work, if you get a good rate. Check to make sure the downtown location will shuttle you to the hotel or cruise ship.

Thanks for the info. A taxi service was recommended from a friend of mine that lives in NOLA so transportation from the hotel to the CBD is taken care of. However this particular company doesn't service the cruise ship terminal, but I'm assuming there will be a lot of taxis waiting for pax when we disembark.

Thanks for the info. A taxi service was recommended from a friend of mine that lives in NOLA so transportation from the hotel to the CBD is taken care of. However this particular company doesn't service the cruise ship terminal, but I'm assuming there will be a lot of taxis waiting for pax when we disembark.

Yes. They will be dropping of the next group of passengers and picking up the ones getting off the ship.

We want to book a a B2B on Voyager out of NOLA in November and are wondering about the weather in NOLA that time of year.

Also, we want to spent a few extra days after the cruise in NO and are wondering what is the best area to stay in. We haven't been to NO in more than 20 years so it will all be new to us. ;-)

Thanks,

And we will be leaving from CMH for NOLA in 2 weeks and 1 day.:)

Enjoy.

New Orleans has become our favorite embarkation port.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Dianne

Please let us know how it goes... dh and I will be going the CMH to NOLA route in 57 days YIPPPEEEE :)

We want to book a a B2B on Voyager out of NOLA in November and are wondering about the weather in NOLA that time of year.

Also, we want to spent a few extra days after the cruise in NO and are wondering what is the best area to stay in. We haven't been to NO in more than 20 years so it will all be new to us. ;-)

Thanks,

Some things have changed in 20 years and some things never change.

We like Iberville Suites in the French Quarter. You can often get a good price. There is a little more on it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1306412

Another thing I was told, that they have Kiosk at the airport for a shuttle. On the port of New Orleans site, they list the price for a shuttle as 15 bucks but I guess it has gone up. Both ways per person is now 38 bucks.

Was wonding has anyone dealt with the Kiosk for Transportation or not? Just wanted to get as much information as I can. Maybe there are more shuttles to the port than I know of...

Archived