? about transportation from Culver City to San Pedro

b2neetie

Excuse me if this is posted incorrectly. We are sailing on the Star on Jan 29. I got the Radisson in Culver City booked for 2 pre-cruise nights (thru Priceline at $55) and have an area tour booked with LASightseeing. I was booked at an LAX airport area hotel until I read negative posts so I cancelled and booked the Radisson. I had already booked r/t from LAX to San Pedro port thru Primetime Shuttle. My plan is to take the hotel shuttle back to LAX on cruise morning and catch Primetime as planned. Does that sound okay or should I change Primetime shuttle to pick up at hotel and pay extra $$s? :confused:

Prime time shuttle will pick up from your hotel and take you to the port, if that's what you're asking. You may have to call them directly to book, if the website doesn't give you the option. You may want to ask the hotel if they will shuttle you to the port for free.

I just used Prime Time for a pickup a couple of weeks ago from our house in the Valley to take us to the Port of LA (and the reverse the port on Wednesday to back home). But they really missed up on BOTH ends.:mad::mad: In other words, despite the email confirmation being correct, the driver was sent to the harbor on the 22nd. Discovered that by calling them when the time arrived and there was no van pulling up to our house. I had to raise holy heck to get them to find a van (we had two weeks of luggage that wasn't going to fit in our trunks so we had ordered an exclusive van). Then when we disembarked from the Golden this week, we went over to the shuttle pickup area and their rep couldn't find our name on his list. Yep, the driver had been sent up to the Valley.:mad:

As soon as I got home, I had left a message with their customer service. Hadn't heard anything yet, so I sent an email with a detailed report as to what happened. I'll wait a couple of business days to hear back from then. If I don't hear from them, or get a decent reply, the next step is to contact our credit card company to get the charges removed.

I'll post a thread next week about what happens either way.

A shared shuttle from Supershuttle is $51 for two people from your hotel to the port in San Pedro versus $34 from LAX to the port.

Primetime quotes $52 for two from your hotel to the port.

I think you will have to consider the convenience and possible time savings to the extra cost.

Archived