MSC Poesia jan 2-4

Alexru12

bought the trip as a Christmas gift for my mother & sister, never been on this line before but figured we could take anything for two days. i have been on 20 cruises celebrity, royal & carnival, so why not try a new line.

we were amazed from the moment we pulled into the port, the ship was bigger than i thought, 14 floors.

embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship by 12, the buffet was clean and had a great variety,

ship itself was beautiful, they had a gelato bar by the pool, banana splits for 3.95,. they were great.

there were no waiters selling the drink of the day as if their life depended on it, they were there and if you wanted a pool drink, they were close at hand, and quick. Gratuity, 15%, was added, but no line for extra tip as on other lines.

you could get a cappuccino at any bar, including the pool, and for $2.00, we had a few of them, they were great.

the main restaurant was laid out strange, seemed crowded, but we had a great waiter who kept our ice tea glasses full. Dinner was leisurely, not rushed and the variety of food was very nice. being an Italian ship, they had an Italian selection every night, but also had a more Americanized side. Absolutely no complaints here and the white chocolate cheesecake was the best we ever had. We never left hungry.

The shows were a bit odd, there was very few vocals, being more of an integrated international passenger base, probably for the better. We heard many different languages from the guests.

The staff was GREAT, they do not interrupt you, but are there if you need them. I never saw a room steward, yet our room was spotless at all times.

this was the most relaxing ship i have been on, no belly flop or hairy leg contests, no one shilling bingo cards and shopping tips, no chains by the inch or tshirts for sale on the pool deck. also, no chair hogs....maybe the Europeans aren't into that.

we are already looking for another booking, hoping for a trans atlantic, this was a ship you did not need a vacation, to get over vacation!!

Thanks !Glad to hear you had a great cruise. When we went on MSC we heard nothing but bad reports but we had a very good cruise . We did hear a lot of people complaining around the ship but we were pretty happy . We had a super waiter and that did help . Thinking of trying again . I keep hearing how beautiful and clean the ship is

Dianecruiseclues

• 1 month later...

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We have sailed 3 times with MSC and had no complaints. I agree the interaction of the staff in the Zebra Bar or other places is great. Our stewarts always went out of their way and dining room staff as well. To our surprise this Dec 2010, we were called by our names in the dinning room the first night and when we turned around...... there was our head waiter from our cruise in 2009. Now that was special. He surely acknowledged us all week no matter where we saw him....Sure makes one feel special.:p

Archived