Carnival Pride - 2/6 - Engagement Suggestions

AllentownEric

I will sailing on the February 6th Carnival Pride cruise. We are a couple that are in our upper 40's. We have been together for a little over 2 years and I plan on popping the question sometime during this cruise.

Any suggestions on how or when to get on one knee? I have no problem with being in front of people, being embarrased, or showing my love. She knows nothing about it. She has no idea that I bought a ring or will be asking the question anytime soon.

I have been throwing a few thoughts around in my head. Possibly talking to the cruise director when I get on board, talking to one of the band leaderss, talking to the crew member that walks around the ship with the Video Camera, or asking her while relaxing in shorts and flip flops at Paradise Cove.

I'm sure that no matter what I decide will be memorable, I was just looking for that one thing that would be really memorable.

Thanks in advance, Eric

Hi Eric, what a wonderful surprise!

If you think she would love the public forum too, then I would leave an urgent note for the CD as soon as you board to request that he call you both up during the Welcome Aboard Show that happens the first night of the cruise on some pretext. Leave him your cabin # too so he can reach you...and it's likely that the moment will be on the ship's DVD of that sail too!!

You might email Mach, hostmach at cruisecritic dot com and he might be able to get the request to the CD ahead of time:) He has helped whenever he can!!:)

Real public? And if you think she can handle it? And you KNOW FOR SURE she won't say no?

During one of the passenger involve shows in the MSL. Just coordinate with the CD.

Otherwise, out through those glass dorrs out front on the Lido deck, overlooking the bow.

go to one of the photographers on formal night- get him to take a photo of you two together-.

during your "session:" get down on your knee and ask away. the photographer will grab all of it on photos. then you will have to buy them all.

You could go to the MD (they are easier to reach out to than the CD) and arrange for them to come to your table during the little show they do at each dinner and you could pop the question then...in front of the entire dining room. Maybe you'll get a free bottle of champaigne too.

You guys are good!! She is outgoing, I am almost 100% certain that she will say yes, and I think that she wouldn't have a problem of a public forum.

We are also sailing with 3 other couples. My brother and his wife, her 27 year old daughter and her husband, and 2 friends.

I would love to have it on the Ship's Video where we can watch it the entire cruise. I'm smiling as I write this, just thinking of the possibilities.

I really like the suggestion of the photographer during formal night and the one with calling her on stage in front of our familes, friends, and the passengers.

I'll deninitely let you know what I did, and if there are any others, please pass them along.

Eric

Archived