Hampton Inn - Plantation shuttle

corky4man

I'm sitting in the Hampton Inn Plantation right now- without a doubt, this is the hotel to book. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

we got off the plane after a nightmare of a travel day and called and they sent a shuttle out to get us, we had a communication mix up, so it took about an hour to get to us, but the other people in the shuttle who got told the correct meeting place were picked up within half an hour. They take your phone number so they can find you specifically, and know who and how many they are picking up.

To get to the port, you sign up for a time the night before. The shuttle has a trailer so there is plenty of room for luggage.

The shuttle operates until 11:00 at night, and they will take you anywhere you want to go (they took us to dinner one night). However Target (for soda and wine) is within walking distance, so is the mall with a good food court, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's and a cuban restaraunt. This hotel is very convient to go to without a rental car. (We spent 2 days pre cruise)

Coming back from the cruise, we just called after we left the terminal and they told us all their shuttles were filled, but they have an alternate company on retainer and he would wave a blue flag at us. Sure enough, 20 minutes later we see a blue flag waving to pick us up. Ironically the hotel shuttle was the car in front of him, and it was indeed full.

We got the hotel at 11:00ish and early check in was no problem at all, they are so accomodating. We have arranged an 8:00 shuttle to the airport tomorrow. We tipped each time, but imagine that this service has saved us a boatload of money by not renting a car or using taxi's/pay shuttles.

There is also free internet here, and on M-R a happy hour with free wine/sodas (we would have gotten to it if our flight didn't arrive many hours later than planned). Sadly, they don't do it on the weekends.

We also didn't choose to pay for microwave/fridge but got one in both our rooms. Not sure if it's luck of the draw, or it's just a ploy to try to get people to pay the upcharge...

I'm sitting in the Hampton Inn Plantation right now- without a doubt, this is the hotel to book. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

we got off the plane after a nightmare of a travel day and called and they sent a shuttle out to get us, we had a communication mix up, so it took about an hour to get to us, but the other people in the shuttle who got told the correct meeting place were picked up within half an hour. They take your phone number so they can find you specifically, and know who and how many they are picking up.

To get to the port, you sign up for a time the night before. The shuttle has a trailer so there is plenty of room for luggage.

The shuttle operates until 11:00 at night, and they will take you anywhere you want to go (they took us to dinner one night). However Target (for soda and wine) is within walking distance, so is the mall with a good food court, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's and a cuban restaraunt. This hotel is very convient to go to without a rental car. (We spent 2 days pre cruise)

Coming back from the cruise, we just called after we left the terminal and they told us all their shuttles were filled, but they have an alternate company on retainer and he would wave a blue flag at us. Sure enough, 20 minutes later we see a blue flag waving to pick us up. Ironically the hotel shuttle was the car in front of him, and it was indeed full.

We got the hotel at 11:00ish and early check in was no problem at all, they are so accomodating. We have arranged an 8:00 shuttle to the airport tomorrow. We tipped each time, but imagine that this service has saved us a boatload of money by not renting a car or using taxi's/pay shuttles.

There is also free internet here, and on M-R a happy hour with free wine/sodas (we would have gotten to it if our flight didn't arrive many hours later than planned). Sadly, they don't do it on the weekends.

We also didn't choose to pay for microwave/fridge but got one in both our rooms. Not sure if it's luck of the draw, or it's just a ploy to try to get people to pay the upcharge...

Sorry to jump in on the OP, but that's wonderful news. We're booked with the Hampton Plantation too (tried Priceline and couldn't get anything for the price we were willing to pay).

Would you mind to answer some questions?

1. What was the communication mix up?
  2. How long was the ride from FLL to the hotel?
  3. How long was the ride to the cruiseport (I take it you went to Port Everglades?)
  4. So the shuttle is free for local transport? How did you arrange it? I imagine it's only free if they don't have any airport pick-ups.
  5. Do you know how many shuttles they have, or just the one?
  6. How was your room, in terms of quite and cleanliness?

Thanks so much!

What was the communication mix up?

How long was the ride from FLL to the hotel?

How long was the ride to the cruiseport (I take it you went to Port Everglades?)

So the shuttle is free for local transport? How did you arrange it? I imagine it's only free if they don't have any airport pick-ups.

Do you know how many shuttles they have, or just the one?

How was your room, in terms of quite and cleanliness?

The communication mix up was they told me to turn right out the door and they meant to say left. Or I just misremembered. There is apparently a hotel shuttle sign on either side of the terminals. The guy found us though :)

The ride from the airport to the hotel is only about 20 minutes.

The ride from the hotel to the port is maybe a few minutes longer.

There are 2 shuttles that run hourly to both places. And like I said, they had another company on retainer to pick us up at the port when their first one was full.

The shuttle is free anywhere you want to go. We only went places in the immediate area (like took the shuttle to Chili's about 2 miles away because one of the people in the group can't walk that far), but it sounded like they'd take you to sawgrass mills or something like that if you want to go (obviously FLL only- if you want to go to Miami, you need to book your own thing). During the day, it's really just on demand (as in walk up to the desk and tell them where you want to go... then you either give them a return time or call to ask them to pick you up). If you know you have a time you want to go, then you can tell them the night before to schedule it.

The rooms (we had 1 king bed) were large and clean. The first one we didn't have any noise problems, just typical to a hotel. The second we were next to a very loud group that were slamming their doors constanly against the lock bars (you know how people prop them open...) the hotel staff did ask them to stop, and that stopped it for about 2 hours then it started again...

The bed was comfortable and there is a choice of pillows.

Breakfast was typical- with waffles. One day there were biscuits and gravy, the next there was eggs and sausage. Also yogurt, pastries, cereals and fruit.

The communication mix up was they told me to turn right out the door and they meant to say left. Or I just misremembered. There is apparently a hotel shuttle sign on either side of the terminals. The guy found us though :)

The ride from the airport to the hotel is only about 20 minutes.

The ride from the hotel to the port is maybe a few minutes longer.

There are 2 shuttles that run hourly to both places. And like I said, they had another company on retainer to pick us up at the port when their first one was full.

The shuttle is free anywhere you want to go. We only went places in the immediate area (like took the shuttle to Chili's about 2 miles away because one of the people in the group can't walk that far), but it sounded like they'd take you to sawgrass mills or something like that if you want to go (obviously FLL only- if you want to go to Miami, you need to book your own thing). During the day, it's really just on demand (as in walk up to the desk and tell them where you want to go... then you either give them a return time or call to ask them to pick you up). If you know you have a time you want to go, then you can tell them the night before to schedule it.

The rooms (we had 1 king bed) were large and clean. The first one we didn't have any noise problems, just typical to a hotel. The second we were next to a very loud group that were slamming their doors constanly against the lock bars (you know how people prop them open...) the hotel staff did ask them to stop, and that stopped it for about 2 hours then it started again...

The bed was comfortable and there is a choice of pillows.

Breakfast was typical- with waffles. One day there were biscuits and gravy, the next there was eggs and sausage. Also yogurt, pastries, cereals and fruit.

Thanks so much for the detailed info, much appreciated! :)

Archived