glacier point wilderness safari in Skagway

ZipGirl

Looking for feedback on this particular excursion in Skagway. It seems like a nice combination of activities, but we're also considering the narrow gauge railway (of course). Do you see critters along the way? Can you really get close to the glacier. Etc, etc.

Looking for feedback on this particular excursion in Skagway. It seems like a nice combination of activities, but we're also considering the narrow gauge railway (of course). Do you see critters along the way? Can you really get close to the glacier. Etc, etc.

I liked this excursion.

The focus is really to get close to the glacier (it's a relatively young glacier, so not much fish..therefore not many eagles). The surroundings are amazing, and seeing the changes in geology due to the glacier are a plus. The guides are really good...they live there the entire summer.

You may see some wildlife (mainly sea gulls, maybe an eagle, and maybe a whale or two) going from Skagway to the beach head.

[quote name=cruzgryphon....

You may see some wildlife (mainly sea gulls, maybe an eagle, and maybe a whale or two) going from Skagway to the beach head.[/quote]

My wife and I enjoyed this excursion in early June 2009. Got very close to the glacier. Did see a lot of sea lions on the boat ride back to Skagway! The other wildlife we saw were mosquitoes at the staging area. Most we have ever seen. Even the repellent that the crew offered was useless.

Archived