Spirit class vs Conquest class aft balconies?

w8ing2cruz

We've loved our aft balconies on Liberty, Dream and RCCL. From the reading I've done it seems that the aft extended balconies on the spirit class ships (Miracle) are not as deep as the conquest class (Liberty). Can anyone who has sailed on both classes let me know? Not sure if we should just save the money and go for a regular balcony for our next cruise. Love the afts though! Thanks!

We've loved our aft balconies on Liberty, Dream and RCCL. From the reading I've done it seems that the aft extended balconies on the spirit class ships (Miracle) are not as deep as the conquest class (Liberty). Can anyone who has sailed on both classes let me know? Not sure if we should just save the money and go for a regular balcony for our next cruise. Love the afts though! Thanks!

Looking at the specs on the cabins Spirit/Conquest the aft balcony sizes are exactly the same... 60 sq ft...

:)

I've been on both, and I think Mach is correct that the balconies are the same. However, the difference is in the cabins. On Spirit class, they are suites and the cabins are bigger than on Conquest class. Deck 5 aft wrap cabins on Spirit class are smaller than decks 6, 7, & 8. The CABIN is smaller, but the balcony is still huge. Also, on Spirit class, there is an extra deck of aft wraps....deck 5.

Although I'd LOVE to do an aft wrap I just can't justify the price. So, am I reading correctly that the regular aft extended balconies are the same size balcony but the actual cabin is smaller? We're looking at Miracle either deck 6 or 7 just the regular aft extended, not wrap.

The category 8 cabins are the same aft as along the side of the ship. The balconies on deck four have more usable space than the ones on decks 5 through 8 due to the slope of the ship.

In this photo you can see how the lowest deck with balconies (deck 4) is nearly directly under the next deck. The higher ones have a greater angle making about a third of the balcony unusable.

2088145350080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

I've been on both, and I think Mach is correct that the balconies are the same. However, the difference is in the cabins. On Spirit class, they are suites and the cabins are bigger than on Conquest class. Deck 5 aft wrap cabins on Spirit class are smaller than decks 6, 7, & 8. The CABIN is smaller, but the balcony is still huge. Also, on Spirit class, there is an extra deck of aft wraps....deck 5.

I think the extended baclony aft cabins are category 8M on the lower decks and 8N on the higher decks and are the same size as on the Conquest... 185 sq ft with a 60 sq ft balcony...

:)

..... Deck 5 aft wrap cabins on Spirit class are smaller than decks 6, 7, & 8. The CABIN is smaller, but the balcony is still huge.......
Someone else posted that the cabins on the deck 5 aft wraps have the same total square footage as on the other decks. They are not divided into separate rooms so they do not give the appearance of a suite because the space is just one big room.

Does anyone know the actual size of those corner aft cabins on deck 5 compared to the size of the corner aft cabins on the other decks?

Archived