Friends traveling together--questions

CindyM64

Hi,

I usually travel with a friend, and we were wondering about the accommodations on Wind Star. Are all the beds queens, or can they be separated into two twins? Also, it sounds like most of the passengers are couples--which is the case everywhere we travel, so it's certainly not a problem. I guess my question is whether the atmosphere is friendly to singles and non-romantic pairs, or if it's more like a "Couples" resort.

Thanks for your help!

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

I don't know about the cabin arrangements, but on our last Windstar cruise in October we met several sets of friends traveling together, both male and female, and two mother/daughter "couples," -- all of whom seemed to be having a great time. Go for it!

Islander

I have traveled on Windstar with my husband, but also with my sister. The beds can be set up as twins, and I just ask the cabin steward when he comes by the first day to do it that way. I enjoyed the cruise with my sister as much as the ones with my husband, and do not feel there is any preference for couples. You will have a great time.

I have traveled by myself twice on Windstar and had a wonderful time; it's much more friendly than all inclusive resorts, even those not for couples only. Last time on the Windsurf I met some very nice sets of woman friends traveling together and they were very friendly to me.

Thanks, Marlene. I travel alone sometimes, so it's nice to know WindStar and its guests are friendly to solo travelers, too! I did go ahead and book the Wind Spirit with my friend Lynne for the 3/26 sailing out of St. Martin, and we are already getting very excited!

Archived