Questions about Carnival Valor Ports of call

dogchopper

Hi,

We are looking into a cruise on the Carnival Valor this spring. Last year we took a cruise with Royal Caribbean and weren't as happy but LOVED the private island. We have taken 2 Carnival cruises and loved them but once I did a cruise with a private island I just hate to go back. We travel with 6 people and shore excursions are a bit pricey for that many people.

My question is are there any ports on this cruise (Cayman Islands, Roatan, Belize, or Cozumel) that you can get off the ship and just go to the beach with out paying 50 or more bucks per person to do so?

We loved the idea of going to the beach and hanging out for a day, but like I said with 6 people going, its just too expensive to buy excursions.

We wanted to take one of the carnival cruises that have a private island, but with the timing of our vacation this year, its already booked.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Nancy

I do in Cozumel everytime we go there. Read on the ports of call boards about which beach is best for your needs, because there are tons to choose from. Cabs are right there, and it is super easy. That is a great way to spend the day there.

Cayman is also an easy hop in a cab and hit 7 mile beach....just know which part you are interested in going to. Again, read the ports of call for lots of info.

We just got off the Legend today and it had an identical itinerary (really, we saw the Valor at every port with us!) At Roatan, if you dock in Mahoganay Bay (Carnival's pier) then the Mahoganay Beach is not a bad walk, although the walk back is all uphill. Or, you can do the sky chair or what ever it's called for I believe $15 or less per person (we paid $30 for two adults and a 5 year old)

I can't help with the others as we went to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel and just wandered around port for a little while at both Grand Cayman and Belize

Cozumel: tons of options, but maybe the best for a budget is Paradise Beach. Free admission, $2 for beach chairs, and if anyone wants to climb on the iceberg/inflatable slides in the water, that's $12.

Roatan: Mahogany Bay has its own beach there, but a much much much nicer beach is on the west end. The cost of that may cause you to rule that out, but it's spectacular down there!!! and it's a natural beach! Spectacular snorkeling right off the beach!!!!!!

Grand Cayman: 7-mile Beach, like others have mentioned. Cheap cab ride, just lay out towels in the sand. Great snorkeling right off the beach (not nearly to Roatan's standards, but not much is).

Belize: maybe just stay on the ship. No beaches in the city. Only the expensive Carnival excursions or something through Coral Breeze (also will cost more than you may be willing to spend) will get you to a beach there.

Thanks very much for the tips!!

The last time we went on a shore excursion was in the Bahamas and honestly it was scary because we went snorkeling and when we got done our ride back wasn't there and we were almost left.. and that was with an official excursion, so to go out with out one makes us a bit nervous, but I guess we just need to make sure we leave plenty of time to find that cab ride back. I'm sure there are tons available!!

Usually we just get off the ship and do some shopping locally, but I do love the beach and want to take advantage of any beaches I can..

Thanks again for the info!

In Belize you could go to Caye Caulker. But the taxi may cost you about $35 round trip for each person. that's about the only beach I could find when looking for our trip in 2 weeks. Bannister Island but I couldn't find a taxi fee to go there.

Yes, for a taxi fare you can go to beaches in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Once in Cozumel we just asked the cabbie to take us to a beach where we can rent snorkle gear. He took us and we scheduled a time for him to pick us back up. Work out great!

We're cruising this April to Grand Cayman and planning to take a cab to 7 mile beach. Shouldn't be a problem at all!

Good luck!

Archived