Princess Cruises not on the web?

Froggy57

For two weeks in a row my Sunday paper has had a flyer inside on Princess cruises. As we where thinking of going to Broome the Northern Explorer cruise caught my eye but when I went onto the Princess website to find some more details none of these cruises was listed even though the brochure said online bookings available. Looks like I will have to go to a TA.

Anyone shed some light on why this would be so?:confused:

For two weeks in a row my Sunday paper has had a flyer inside on Princess cruises. As we where thinking of going to Broome the Northern Explorer cruise caught my eye but when I went onto the Princess website to find some more details none of these cruises was listed even though the brochure said online bookings available. Looks like I will have to go to a TA.

I have the same trouble with P&O last week there web site nothing at all showing of the prices on the cruises, so had to ring P&O and low behold they could not find either.

Love Thied

Hi Froggy

Iv'e had a similar problem, but do not dispair.

The Northern Explorer Cruise is great and you will enjoy Broome (we did it in April 2009 on Sun Princess) but this cruise is often regarded as a repositioning cruise. As such these cruises are somehow categorised as Asian,as they lead into or back away from cruises ex Fremantle into Asian waters

When you go to the Princess web site, look up their cruises section and then only click Sun Princess and Dawn Princess. Then select the dates you are considering (April or Sept). You should then find what you want.

That said.. you actually might find a TA (online)that will get you a better deal than Princess direct... I did

cheers

Quite often on the "longer cruises" the lines web site will show only the entire cruise, the World cruise being a good example.

For segments, you need to go to a TA, who can check on availability at the time of enquiring.

Sometimes these segments will not open until very close to the sail date.

It is VERY frustrating at times.

We have made enquiries re segments, only to be told that they are not available, or not open for booking yet, so have made other arrangements, only to discover that later on , the desired segment opens up at a bargain price.

Froggy, if you go into the princess site they have these cruise

16th april sydney- perth via darwin

13th july perth - sydney via darwin

30th july sydney - perth via darwin

6th sept perth - brisbane via darwin

they have been there for quite awahile

rkmw

Thanks all for the advice.

rkmw, I can't seem to find them, as soon as I select Aust / Nz as destination those months are eliminated from the search, do you sign on as former Princess cruiser?

Anyhow it's off to the TA on Thursday to see what I can find.:)

Thanks all for the advice.

rkmw, I can't seem to find them, as soon as I select Aust / Nz as destination those months are eliminated from the search, do you sign on as former Princess cruiser?

Anyhow it's off to the TA on Thursday to see what I can find.:)

froggy, go into the princess site and sign in and you might get a discount if you're in the captains circle club

up the top is find and compare cruises, click on that

search cruises and find Sun Princess and the month you wish to travel

do a dummy booking and it gives you an idea of prices and see what your TA offers you

rkmw

Archived