Convenient and reasonable hotels in Seattle?

fletcher57

Hi, I'd like opinions about the most convenient and reasonably priced hotels in Seattle to stay overnight the night before and the night after an Inside Passage cruise. Because we'd be flying in from either Providence or Boston we want to build in some just-in-case time. One Seattle land excursion drops people off at the Westin, Fairmont and Doubletree Airport after the cruise. I'm assuming these are pretty high priced. Would like to find a hotel such as a Quality Inn that does free airport transfers. Would any of them also transfer to dockside?

Thanks. Joyce

Yep, there is a Quality Inn up near the Space Needle and Seattle Center. They have their own shuttle bus which makes airport runs AND took us to the Princess Pier (91).(I don't think the website mentions this). We also got a lift (four of us) down to the waterfront for dinner at Anthony's Bell Street Diner (great seafood!) and then later they picked us up. Sometimes they charged us and sometimes they didn't! Not the best accommodations we've ever had, and the whole place could use a facelift, but it worked for us. But we've found that there are LOTS of shuttle bus, town car, limo services making runs from the airport and to the piers, and they are all pretty reasonable. Pick your hotel and then ask them what who they recommend if they don't have their own shuttle.

You can also stay quite cheaply in nice places across from SEATAC and then catch a shuttle from the airport to the pier in the morning. Seattle welcomes thousands of cruisers weekly and provides many choices.

Yep, there is a Quality Inn up near the Space Needle and Seattle Center. They have their own shuttle bus which makes airport runs AND took us to the Princess Pier (91).(I don't think the website mentions this). We also got a lift (four of us) down to the waterfront for dinner at Anthony's Bell Street Diner (great seafood!) and then later they picked us up. Sometimes they charged us and sometimes they didn't! Not the best accommodations we've ever had, and the whole place could use a facelift, but it worked for us. But we've found that there are LOTS of shuttle bus, town car, limo services making runs from the airport and to the piers, and they are all pretty reasonable. Pick your hotel and then ask them what who they recommend if they don't have their own shuttle.

You can also stay quite cheaply in nice places across from SEATAC and then catch a shuttle from the airport to the pier in the morning. Seattle welcomes thousands of cruisers weekly and provides many choices.

Wow! Thank you very much for that extremely helpful reply. I imagine there is a Seattle tourist board that would list such shuttles. I'll check it out.

Joyce

We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on John and we were very happy. Free breakfast that was pretty extensive, pool/hot tub, free internet, 1 free computer in lobby, very friendly and helpful staff. There was a snack bar as well that was reasonably priced. They had a paid shuttle to and from the airport ($40 each way, up to 4 people) and paid shuttle to the cruise dock ($6 round trip so if you stay before and after the cruise they will pick you back up). They also had a shuttle for the baseball game that was cheap. For Seattle the price was reasonable. It is not fancy but I would stay there again. It is a short walk to the Space Needle/Seattle Center/monorail. The monorail is $2 and takes you to the mall where you can walk to many other places or take the day time free bus. Ride the Ducks tour is close by, as is the public bus. To the QI we stayed at my cousin took the light rail to the monorail and walked to the QI. I think this cost her about $5 total.

Hotels in Seattle are very expensive for the most part. Another cousin stayed at the Fairmont and while it was beautiful and convenient, it was quite expensive and none of us were at the hotels much.

The docks are in the down town area, as are all the tourist sights. Hotels downtown will not have free airport transfers and I doubt free cruise transfers. When I researched last summer, that is what I found. Our group was at 6 different hotels downtown and none of them offered free transfers anywhere. If you stay by the airport lots of hotels will have free airport transfers but you will still need to pay for the cruise transfer. Seattle Express runs a cruise shuttle from airport hotels. If you stay by the airport you can take light rail in to town for cheap for sightseeing and walk/cab/bus where ever else you want to go. One in our group stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott by the airport the first couple of nights of our trip and they had a free shuttle to the airport.

I recommend for a very nice meal, make a reservation for the restaurant at the Space Needle. The food was excellent and the views amazing. You meal includes access to the observation deck as well.

Jen in SoCal

Hi, I'd like opinions about the most convenient and reasonably priced hotels in Seattle to stay overnight the night before and the night after an Inside Passage cruise. Because we'd be flying in from either Providence or Boston we want to build in some just-in-case time. One Seattle land excursion drops people off at the Westin, Fairmont and Doubletree Airport after the cruise. I'm assuming these are pretty high priced. Would like to find a hotel such as a Quality Inn that does free airport transfers. Would any of them also transfer to dockside?

Thanks. Joyce

We stayed at the Quality Inn and Suites on John and we were very happy. Free breakfast that was pretty extensive, pool/hot tub, free internet, 1 free computer in lobby, very friendly and helpful staff. There was a snack bar as well that was reasonably priced. They had a paid shuttle to and from the airport ($40 each way, up to 4 people) and paid shuttle to the cruise dock ($6 round trip so if you stay before and after the cruise they will pick you back up).

Jen in SoCal

Hi Jen, Thank you so much. That sounds like it provides all our needs for transfers and accommodations.

The quality Inn is sort of run down so it wouldn't be on my top of the list. The location is good for the space needle but not for sightseeing downtown. Why not consider using Hotwire or Priceline and sticking with 4 stars in the downtown or Pike Place zone. You'll most likely get a sheraton or Westin for a about the same price as a 'cheap motel'. If you look at seattle forum on tripadvisor.com

there are sections dealing with transport, hotels and itineraries. Its in an easier format to get info.

My husband and I stayed at the Mediterranean Inn Hotel in the Queen Anne District. About five easy walking blocks from the Space Needle and a very easy and quick bus ride to the Market. The hotel was very clean and the staff friendly. There is a large roof deck with lounge chairs that provide an outstanding view of the city and the ferries going to and fro. Would stay there again without hesitation. It's also about a five minute cab drive to the Princess Port.

http://www.mediterranean-inn.com/

The QI and Suites on John may look run down from the outside but inside it is not. As a matter of fact the rooms were not run down at all and neither were the facilities. We had four rooms and none were run down. Some rooms are bigger and have a fridge. It seemed to us if you don't book a 1 Q or 2 double room you get a bigger room with fridge. If budget were not an issue it would not be my first choice either but if budget is (as it was for us) and taking into consideration what we paid (about $100 per night, with AAA, senior and corporate discounts) and all we got for free, I was very pleased and so was everyone else in my group.

Location was fine for getting to other locations downtown. The bus is very close and the monorail just a bit further. Someone hurt their leg and took a cab a few times and it was only a few dollars to Pikes.

If you use Priceline and Hotwire you may do better. We thought about using that but by the time we tack on internet per day plus the cost of breakfast, gym, it really is not the same price. But from postings here I know you can sometimes get a good deal, just don't forget to add on those extras.

Jen in SoCal

The quality Inn is sort of run down so it wouldn't be on my top of the list. The location is good for the space needle but not for sightseeing downtown. Why not consider using Hotwire or Priceline and sticking with 4 stars in the downtown or Pike Place zone. You'll most likely get a sheraton or Westin for a about the same price as a 'cheap motel'. If you look at seattle forum on tripadvisor.com

there are sections dealing with transport, hotels and itineraries. Its in an easier format to get info.

Archived