Something for nothing??????

smeck

Received the all time best one in a full page add in our newspaper this morning.

A company is giving you the opportunity of a lifetime to purchase sheets of uncirculated $ 2.00 bills at a premium of only double face value plus shipping and handling.

Only a limited number of these available and only for 2 days unless of course you need longer.icon7.gif

that does sound funny. you can get uncirculated sheets at the mint but do they sell them for face value or more? cant remember

Received the all time best one in a full page add in our newspaper this morning.

A company is giving you the opportunity of a lifetime to purchase sheets of uncirculated $ 2.00 bills at a premium of only double face value plus shipping and handling.

Only a limited number of these available and only for 2 days unless of course you need longer.icon7.gif

Haven't seen that one yet - You should get on this before they run out! ken

Before I got married, I went with a friend (who was also getting married) to a Bridal Expo. While you'e there you can sign up to win all kinds of things as well as just get info on the various vendors. Well, one photographer, apparently, "picked" me to win a free 3 night vacation to the Bahamas. it took me over 15 minutes to convince her that we did not want the vacation, just photo prices. She couldn't understand why I did not want a "free" honeymoon. I guess she didn't have a father like mine that raised me knowing that "nothing in life is free."

That said, though, I do know plenty of people who have and use timeshares and really like them. Just wondering how people find the worthwhile ones.

Well I went yesterday. They offered the Platinum at 10,999 and then the bribe of $1,000 off if we purchased then. Once in the room the guy offerred another $1,000 of and unlimited reward points and no initiation fee. We asked them to show us some deals to Tahiti and their worker couldn't even find Tahiti on their menu cause she didn't know it was under French Polynisia. Saw some good prices for hotel rooms but they were in small hotels, definitely not your 5 star resort. As I thought about it, I get pretty good deals on all my vacations by shopping around on-line. Given what I'm use to paying for my vacations, I'd have to take at least 10 1 week vacations for this to pay off so we are talking probably 8-10 years before it's paid off and makes it worth while. Needless to say, we passed.

Ok Yes I went. My curiosity got the best of me and I packed the misses and myself off to the 90 minute presentation in NJ. Here’s the scoop. Global is not a travel company. They are the marketing firm for I believe the guy said "RSI" travel services. Here’s the actual website of what you are buying. http://www.wholesaletravelconnection.com/ For $9999 you get lifetime membership in a travel club. If purchased, the day of presentation the 300 dollar initiation fee is waived. However there is a 29.99 dollar per month fee charged. They have a $4999 package for 5 years and then it ends. We were then offered the platinum package which sells for 20 grand at 12999 dollars. All include a unlimited or 3000/6000 point credit to be used on each vacation. So say you book a cruise and the actual cost is 1000 pp. Some of the credit but not all maybe applied to the cost reducing it. They had a lot of timeshare examples where the weekly rates when used with your points made the offer seem enticing. But they never gave time frames. They said you could stay in a 2 bedroom unit in Hawaii for say 400 per week but never said winter, summer spring fall. After the general presentation they bring you into a room where the salesman tries to close the deal.

So after his disappointment in a non sale we got our certificate for 2 free flights and a 7 day cruise. The salesmen told us that the cruise deal wasn’t that good but the flight deal is. Basically you sent in 25 bucks for the flight and they send you a coupon. The cruise is a 99 dollar fee along with many restrictions.

Before I got married, I went with a friend (who was also getting married) to a Bridal Expo. While you'e there you can sign up to win all kinds of things as well as just get info on the various vendors. Well, one photographer, apparently, "picked" me to win a free 3 night vacation to the Bahamas. it took me over 15 minutes to convince her that we did not want the vacation, just photo prices. She couldn't understand why I did not want a "free" honeymoon. I guess she didn't have a father like mine that raised me knowing that "nothing in life is free."

That said, though, I do know plenty of people who have and use timeshares and really like them. Just wondering how people find the worthwhile ones.

Resale.

Yes at 40 % (or less) of the original price.:D

Yep. I purchased one for 5% of the original price. I love it. My husband and I used it a few years back (its every other year). Another member was just going on and on about how much she paid for her 1BR unit, fees, etc. It was in the 5 figures. She turned and asked me how much I paid. I said $250. She turned the most beautiful shade of red I have ever seen.:D

Yep. I purchased one for 5% of the original price. I love it. My husband and I used it a few years back (its every other year). Another member was just going on and on about how much she paid for her 1BR unit, fees, etc. It was in the 5 figures. She turned and asked me how much I paid. I said $250. She turned the most beautiful shade of red I have ever seen.:D

Wow! I'm impressed.

Archived