N2TheBlue

DanielBu

• 3 weeks later...

Well we just got back from our Celebrity Summit cruise and snorkled with N2theBlue. The only thing I can say is WOW. We did the Butler Bay trip which was about a 10 minute boat ride from the pier. Now there were supposed to be 4 people total on our trip but the other 2 backed out for some reason so it was just my wife and I, the boat capitan and our guide. Our guide Jesse was great, she knew most everything in the water and really made an effort to call us over when she found something. The snorkling was great with tons of life. For the beginning we stayed in water that was anywhere from 5 to 15 feet deep. We did a circle of the bay and then headed back to the boat and we then went about 3 minutes to the wreak of the Northwind which was in about 40 feet of water with the bridge at about 20 feet. The visiability was about 200 feet and the water perfectly blue. We swam around the Northwind then she took us out about 50-100 feet to the remains of what was called the Habitat which was a U.S. government underwater research lab for deep water divers. There was not much left of it out there but it was neat to see. We then swam mabye another 30 feet to a sunken barge which I forget the name of. We spent probably a total of 3 hours in the water since it was just the 2 of us. Since we came off a cruise ship they were not allowed to snorkle the pier due to security reasons which was ok since we spent a long time at the bay. They also provided water and some snacks on the boat on the way back. Both on the way out and way back they did a great job of talking about places on the shore and a little history of the island. I totally recommend this dive shop as they were all friendly and they even prepred our gear in the shop so that our masks wouldn't fog.

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Archived