Priceline - Singapore

smslms

Curious if anyone has any recent information about winning bids or available hotels for either Orchard Road area or Clarke Quay. Thanks in advance.

I won the bid for Hilton, Orchard Road for Mar 16 to 18 for $85 + tax / night. A friend booked the Marriott for $135.

I am a pretty experienced Priceline user but found Singapore to be tough slogging for a 2 night stay in February. I must have tried 20 different bids over several days using prices in various zones and star levels (and I even tried the Australian Priceline web site) before finally ending up with the 3 star Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen for US$102. With taxes and fees, the 2 night total came to US$204 which is just about what I would have paid for an online booking. Maybe I am not quite as smart as I think I am! However, the reviews of the Ibis are glowing nand I have no regrets.

I am a pretty experienced Priceline user but found Singapore to be tough slogging for a 2 night stay in February. I must have tried 20 different bids over several days using prices in various zones and star levels (and I even tried the Australian Priceline web site) before finally ending up with the 3 star Ibis Singapore On Bencoolen for US$102. With taxes and fees, the 2 night total came to US$204 which is just about what I would have paid for an online booking. Maybe I am not quite as smart as I think I am! However, the reviews of the Ibis are glowing nand I have no regrets.

I didn't know you could use Priceline international!!

Thanks for the info!

Do you do Priceline Singapore??? I need to know how to access to look for rooms in April.

Do they also have Priceline for Hong Kong?

We found that Singapore was no great bargain on Priceline. We bid for the Marina District and got the Carlton Hotel. It was a small savings, but not like in other cities. (the best we found was Venice)

Yes - you can use Priceline for international destinations. It is the same site...just put in what city you are looking for and the dates.

I didn't know you could use Priceline international!! Do you do Priceline Singapore??? I need to know how to access to look for rooms in April. Do they also have Priceline for Hong Kong?

My sole experience was with Priceline Australia and it was quite a bit different than that of our North American version. I recall placing a bid and receiving a message that they would get back to me within 1 or 2 (I think) business days with an answer. There was no immediate response or opportunity to rebid using free rebid strategies. In short, I gave up after my first go because of the required time to bid upwards or change criterea.

i tried priceline for a night of 13-14 march 2010. i also found priceline frustrating- you bid say 100 u.s for a 5 star and get told try again in 24 hrs somewere else.well done getting the hilton for 85 $.!! i went to hotwire and bought a 4 star hotel,mystery style ! it is the holiday inn atrium ,for $103 u.s plus $16 taxes a night.i found hotwire to be a very quick,simple website,so try there,yes priceline sounds good,but singapore is exspensive for asia.i,m on the pacific princess .sydney to singapore...cant wait,,,,,,,

Do they also have Priceline for Hong Kong?

If the question is "can one use priceline.com to bid for hotels in Hong Kong"? The answer is yes. One can bid on hotels in the US (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, the Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and the South Pacific.

Many experienced priceline hotel bidders do their homework first on biddingfortravel.com and/or betterbidding.com. Learning the various re-bid strategies to maximize the number of re-bids takes some study.

Archived