Sorry We Missed It

To all my roll call buddies for the Voyager of the Seas January 2, 2011 sailing, I'm so sorry we missed the Meet & Mingle.

It was not my fault. Our invitation with the 10:30 AM time did not arrive in our cabin until after that time. There were two other couples (that I know of) who also missed it that were in the same area of deck 7.

It's really not very nice when the person who starts the roll call board doesn't show up to the M&M, so in case any of you are watching this board, please accept our apology.

Maybe I will get to shake your hands on another Galveston cruise.

We didn't get our invitations on our last cruise. That was the first time we had not had them in our cabin when we arrived. It was on the Liberty.

I saw someone I knew from CC on our ship and found out it was the next AM. The front desk gave me blank forms to fill out for the gift and raffle. I think from now on I will take note of the date/place on the M&M on line site before we go.

So they changed the location of the M&M and the time or just delivered your invite late? I know Casey planned to change it up some, so in part that he could be at the event as well.

Changed the time and failed to deliver the invite. I don't believe Casey was there. We were expecting to get an invite as the time posted on the M&M listing on the Internet is not always the one on the ship. We did not get the invite until it was too late.

So what was your expirence on the ship?? any theme nights? going in march

that is why I am asking. also embarkation quick??

thanks for any information.

The ship was fantastic. The food was great. The crew were, as always, awesome. Casey and his CD staff were great.

There was a 70's night, but no dance in Studio B, just a party on the Prom. 50's and 60's theme music one night in Cleo's Needle. One night Country & Western in Cleo's Needle, too.

The first production show is new. Same title but different music and costumes. (About time!) The Broadway Rhythm show was the same but the singers and dancers always give some new flavor to each production. The ice show is the same. This cruise's specialty act was a couple from the Ukrain who did some spectacular lifts. In the first show, there are film clips at the end on the screens. Two are from "Titanic" which we thought were kind of gutsy, (but funny) to put up on a cruise ship.

The comedians were not good. There was an afternoon show on the last sea day with a juggler which we missed. They had "The Unexpected Boys" a group that does a "Jersey Boys" take-off and they were super. We saw them in April on Explorer.

Derek Lewis is at top form at the Pig & Whistle. The forgettable piano guy is at Schooner Bar.

We ate in Portofino's the last night and the service was not up to par. One of the reasons I like going there is for the super-service. The food was good, but there was no attention. The restaurant was not full, either. After the meal a waitress came over to tell us that she remembered us from other cruises. Would have preferred better service to "recognition". We are good tippers and usually add an additional gratuity, but not that night. We had better service from our team in the MDR, to be truthful.

Everything else about the cruise was fabulous. Great weather. The ship was in great shape and very clean.

Archived