Older teen meet and mingle?

HeidiHo

We are just starting to plan a cruise for spring break of '06 and are torn between Carnival and RCI. My kids will be 15 and 17 by then and I would like to know if RCI has a meet and mingle on the first night for the teens over age 15. Carnival only does this for teens up through age 15. We went on the Carnival Pride 2 years ago and my kids had a great time because they met lots of kids on the 1st night at the teen get together. This time I'm worried that my 17 y/o might have trouble meeting other teens on board if there is no meet and mingle for his age group.

There's a 15-17 age group and if you go on the NAVIGATOR or MARINER there's a seperate disco for older teens. I'm sure your kids would love those ships the best, they have the most teen friendly activities and also the most other teens!

We were just on the Mariner in January. My 15 year old son fell into the 15-17 age group. Yes, they did have a Meet & Mingle the first night, although I think they might have called it something different. I have some of the Teen Compasses from that week, if I can find that particular day, I'll post back with what they called it.

Also, if your teens want to participate in the evening activities, you'll probably want to choose early dinner. Most of the activities started around the time that late dinner would be starting as well. We had early dinner and found that it worked out really well for all of us.

We were just on the Mariner in January. My 15 year old son fell into the 15-17 age group. Yes, they did have a Meet & Mingle the first night, although I think they might have called it something different. I have some of the Teen Compasses from that week, if I can find that particular day, I'll post back with what they called it.

Also, if your teens want to participate in the evening activities, you'll probably want to choose early dinner. Most of the activities started around the time that late dinner would be starting as well. We had early dinner and found that it worked out really well for all of us.

Just found his Compass for the first day. It's called a Mix & Mingle.

Archived