Soda Card

hayloburger

Yes, you can buy a soda sticker which is affixed to your cruise card. It gets the card holder unlimited fountain sodas (coke products) at all bars and restaurants. It is not good for room service or at Princess Cays. The cost is $4.25 per day plus 15% tip

Can two people share one soda card? I am guessing that the cruise card is a photo card... does this mean that they will check the photo and only give a "free" soda to that person?

The cruise card is not a photo card. It's one sticker per card.

The intent of the sticker is one for each person. That being said, you could certainly take someone else's card, flash the sticker at the bartender and get your free soda. But that would not be very honest...

If you like soda, the card is well worth it. You will even get a 16oz Princess insulated tumbler (sponsored by Coke) with it. As soon as you walk onto the ship, there should be staff sitting at a table who will offer to see you one (among other things, including the scavenger hunt througout the ship.........we got a kick out of exploring the ship and getting our hunt cards stamped before we sailed)

Can two people share one soda card? I am guessing that the cruise card is a photo card... does this mean that they will check the photo and only give a "free" soda to that person?

No, the soda sticker is for the person whose cruise card it is attached to.

There are more people than will admit it that share soda cards but not any of the cruise critic people. :rolleyes::rolleyes: No photo is put on your cruise card, it's only a sticker & after a soda is ordered who knows where it goes.

If you like soda, the card is well worth it. You will even get a 16oz Princess insulated tumbler (sponsored by Coke) with it. As soon as you walk onto the ship, there should be staff sitting at a table who will offer to see you one (among other things, including the scavenger hunt througout the ship.........we got a kick out of exploring the ship and getting our hunt cards stamped before we sailed)

hi Bobaraji.

Scavenger hunt???:eek: -- didnt know they had this.

How does it work?

Do the give you a list to find or do you have to find something beginning with each letter of the alphabet.

Sounds like fun !!I used to love these as a kid but havent done one for years ( a LOT of years)

Thanks Elaine

When you board they give you a scavenger hunt card. It will tell you various locations throughout the ship to go and get your card stamped (each location has it's own unique stamp). If you get all of your stamps, you then drop it off at a designated area and your card 'goes into a hat' and if they draws yours at the sailaway party, you win a prize. You will be tuckered our after you collect all the stamps, as the hunt takes you from top to bottom and front to back of the ship:eek:

There are more people than will admit it that share soda cards but not any of the cruise critic people. :rolleyes::rolleyes: No photo is put on your cruise card, it's only a sticker & after a soda is ordered who knows where it goes.

Back in my pocket usually!

hi Bobaraji.

How does it work?

Do the give you a list to find or do you have to find something beginning with each letter of the alphabet.

Sounds like fun !!I used to love these as a kid but havent done one for years ( a LOT of years)

Thanks Elaine

When you board they give you a scavenger hunt card. It will tell you various locations throughout the ship to go and get your card stamped (each location has it's own unique stamp). If you get all of your stamps, you then drop it off at a designated area and your card 'goes into a hat' and if they draws yours at the sailaway party, you win a prize. You will be tuckered our after you collect all the stamps, as the hunt takes you from top to bottom and front to back of the ship:eek:

This is a bit of a deviation from the original thread, but it's called the Treasure Hunt and is as described above. And yes, you can win. My son won free drinks on our Sea Princess voyage and I won the "grand prize" of a print from the art gallery a couple of weeks ago on the Crown Princess...

How does it work?

Elaine,

I suggest checking out the thread titled something like "Coral Canal Cruise 12/15-12/30 Details/Review/Whatever". I've been detailing out many of the events that I went to, including the Scavenger Hunt. I've only gotten up to day 5 of the cruise in my writing at this time.

Archived