C & A announcement postponed

RLM77

I would think that if that photo were "shopped," RCI would have made a statement denying it was their sign. Besides, didn't Patti (cruisenfever) see the sign in Baltimore?

I don't think they are talking at all. :rolleyes:

I don't know, did Patti see it? I'd like to know someone who really saw it.

Gina

I would think that if that photo were "shopped," RCI would have made a statement denying it was their sign.

Or they might have decided that a denial would only draw more public attention to it. It was something that appeared on Cruise Critic and while we like to think CC members make up a majority of cruise passengers, that clearly is not the case. I think that questioning why RCI or anyone at the terminal would place such a poster so far in advance of any supposed change might be a more reasonable question. We are so quick to jump at anything which seems to fit our predispositions that it makes one wonder just how gullible we are and how outrageous a claim has to be before no one will be willing to accept it as fact.

I was booking a cruise last night I spoke to Mike from C&A... AS per him and several other. There is not change comming. They would have had to been notified to answer questions.

According to him. So As of now rest assured everything is as it is.

Well...Who is Annie and who is her friend? LOL Is this another friend of a friend story?

Gina

Sorry it has 4 e's....Annieeee. That is the poster who originally posted the picture. (or had xpcdjook post it for her). She said her friend had sent it to her while she was going on her cruise out of Baltimore. (if I remember correctly). She originally posted it on the now-closed thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"A friend of mine sailed today, she sent me a picture that she took of a sign in the terminal. It says : Priority Check in. Then it lists 5 levels from top to bottom it reads, Pinnacle CLub, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and last is Platinum. So I guess the new tier level rumor is true. I was surprised that the sign is already on display since no announcement has been made. Or at least I have not heard of an official announcement. I would post the pic, but I don't know how.

Anniee"

Well...Who is Annie and who is her friend? LOL Is this another friend of a friend story?

Gina

OK, the topic did not come up in any of the C&A change posts, so here is the truth.

The rumors about changes were started by...... The Starfish:D

is there any evidence OTHER than thelion's posts that there are changes in the C&A levels coming?
If I recall correctly, one of the Cruise Critic Hosts has been posting for some time now that in January, RCI would announce changes to the C&A program. That may have contributed to all of this speculation.

If I recall correctly, one of the Cruise Critic Hosts has been posting for some time now that in January, RCI would announce changes to the C&A program. That may have contributed to all of this speculation.

One of the beauties of making that type of open-ended predictions is that something will eventually happen and you can claim that it is verification of the accuracy of your claim. Change is inevitable and as long as your predictions are general in nature and you aren't specific about the date of the announcement, you can never be proven wrong. Problem one with the current rumor is that the date was wrong, and the term "postponement" is being used to excuse that error. The second problem may come when and if actual changes are announced. Of course any deviation from those that have been predicted can be attributed to the comments and concerns that the postings have raised.

I logged on to the Webinar and asked if they were covering the C and A changes. They quoted the June 2010 announcement. When I asked about Emerald and Pinnacle, I was told see June 2010 announcement answer. I thanked them for confirming the "gag order" and they responded ":)".

The mystery/marketing experiment continues...

Speculation being the prominent word. But I wonder how many November and December sales RCI made based on this rumor. I know I for one kicked it up a notch to get to Diamond before the "changes" took place. I know quite a few others who did as well.

And do we know who took this picture? Or if it's real. There are a lot of pictures that circulate through email about various things that people believe are real because the photoshop job is so good.

I don't know about that picture.

Gina

I think it's real... the person that took the photo came over here and posted on one of the other threads and I believe them... plus there's been at least one other CC member that said they saw it while at the port.

Why? what happens the 14th?????

A new rumor that the changes get announced then???

I dozed thru the webinar

as much as I would love to start a rumor around here,nooooooo.....its just something you can sign up for...........but she said "the 14th ,so that gives you a little over a week":p:p

Speculation being the prominent word. But I wonder how many November and December sales RCI made based on this rumor. I know I for one kicked it up a notch to get to Diamond before the "changes" took place. I know quite a few others who did as well.

Then their rumor succeeded......Glad I didn't succumb

Don't you just love it this is probably the biggest non event in history a marketing PR dream. I wonder if cruise prices will come down I am sure a lot of people booked cruises to get ahead or grandfathered in bookings should slow down for a while if nothing happens.

Archived