Tour guide for st. Petersburg aug 14th sailing on eclipse

betty h

We used Anastasia but all seemed to have good reviews.

But please go to your roll call as someone is likely to have already done some reasearch and you can perhaps join up with a small group thats how we formed our group of 12 for a mini bus load that did an itinnery to suit us as we saw loads more that was possible via the ships tours (and slighlty cheaper).

It was extremely well organised and there was no issue with customs the tour company took care of the lot.

It is a really interesting place.

DOES ANYONE HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE FOR

8 PEOPLE TO ST. PETERSBURG.

WE ARE ON THE AUG 14th SAILING OF THE ECLIPSE.:confused:

Dont you really mean the Aug 13th 2011 Sailing?

We have a Cruise Roll Call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1171444

There are some members looking for partners. Ask your question there.

We used Red October - they were wonderful - St. Pete's is a trip of a lifetime!

I think that there are three major tour companies there - all slightly different with itineraries. Check their websites and find the one that goes to the places you want to see. We had chosen Red October because they did inside tours of both Catherine's Palace and the Peterhof palace. Check the Port of call message boards.

Enjoy your cruise -the Baltic cruise is amazing!

We used DENRUS last July.

They were really good and we saw so much.. I would thoroughly recommend them. No problems and the visa were sorted out before we left. Would definitely use them if [ hopefully when] we go again. T.hey were very good at communicating - all done by e-mail

Check out Peter's Walking Tours...they will customize anything. We had a private guide for the Hermatige with a great English speaking Art History Major then on the following day Peter himself took us on a walking tour of the market area followed by a Jordan restarant lunch complete with Vodka shots. Charming fellow.:) We did the canal cruise on our own.

We also used Anastasia Travel. They were wonderful. Having been to St. Petersburg two other times before, we knew what we wanted to see for the first time and see for the third. She really worked with us. We even had a ride on the subway (to see the beautiful stations) and a trip to a supermarket. Loads of fun and we saw and did so much more than on the previous cruise line tours we had taken. It will be a remarkable cruise for you and a trip of a lifetime!

We used Denrus and they were great. I imagine they all are. I also echo the comments to not miss the summer palace. Most amazing!!!! We also ate at a little local restaurant that makes what they call pies. Not just sweet pies, though. Maybe something like a calzone but much better. Very hard to explain but very good and very popular. I think there are a few of them in the city.

Linda

:)We used Denrus several years ago. We did not take their Custom tour, but the 2-day experience was much better and less money than what Princess would have provided. our Guide was excellent, Lunch both days was good and as bonus only had about 25 people on our tour of the key sights. Ship tried to scare us with Visa issues, but there were no problems. Russian Immigration really just wanted to see that you had a group visa with legitimate company. I would recommend Denrus highly. We saw so much given the time in port.

We also used Anastasia Tours. We had a private tour for just the 4 of us so we were able to tailor the tours to our wants. We ate in a small but very good restaurant. Our guide was able to get us into the museums quickly and we asked for a canal ride. Now, I'm sure that we paid for this but we had the whole canal boat to ourselves. Very cool but embarrasing too. Our driver, Anatole, was terrific.

We used Red October and booked a private tour with 3 other couples. Red October put us in touch with one couple on our ship and 2 couples from another ship which was docked near-by. We were able to discuss and finalize the tour plans among ourselves and had a great experience. No more expensive than ship tours and no problems with visas, etc.

I would highly recommend Red October although shipmates also recommended Dendrus and Anastasia.

Go to Port of Call message board, you will be amazed at the information shared.

It's a trip of a lifetime! Enjoy every minute. Joan

Archived