Live Emerald b2b Jan 17 and Jan 27

vickie_bernie

yes it is that time of year again, we are off to the Caribbean for our back to back. This year we are back on the Emerald for 20 days of pure bliss. We did this exact itinerary three years ago and since then we have sailed with many of the same people we had met on that cruise.

We live in vancouver and have started this thread because we are leaving on Friday to head to seattle to fly out early Saturday. we will be spending two night in Fort lauderdale at the Marriott on the beach. We board the Emerald on Monday.

I will be updating my blog as much as time permits and the wifi cooperates.

If you have any questions I will try my best to answer any questions in a timely manner.

We are booked in an inside for the first leg and decided to go for a balcony on the second leg. We upgraded when the price dropped back in the fall and we got a guarantee for the second leg, and so far no cabin assignment but I am not holiding my breath that I will get it before we leave, but I am sure it will be great.

There are many Cruise Critic members that will be with us, and I welcome their input here.

We have a few gatherings planned - sailaway get together, meet and greet on the 19th in Skywalkers, two sailaway at 4;30 on the St. Thomas and Aruba days, and meeting for wine tasting.

now lets keep our fingers crossed that no weather issues with impede my travel.

Look forward to reading latest blog. Glad you plan on getting to FL a few days early. My son and his gf had their flight to Cancun cancelled a few days ago because of weather. Hope the weather cooperates for you guys. Have a great time!

P.S. Tell Bernie "no getting sick" like in Panama.

Have a wonderful time. I look forward to your "live from". We did both of these B2B in Nov - Dec. We had great weather and a fabulous time, and I hope you do too. I will say that the internet on the Emerald that trip was the slowest I have ever experienced. And, the internet access in the Caribbean was very sporadic and very slow. So, don't be too disappointed if you can't do too many long posts.

We travel to see Arny G (a friend of ours) who is performing in Crooners. Stop in and say hi to him from Judy and Dan. We miss our evenings in Crooners, with a martini, listening to Arny and playing "Name that Tune" with him.

Judy

well the snow that showed up yesterday wasn't such a disaster like the news media reported, but then again snow in Vancouver is a rare sighting.

thanks everyone

Today is packing day, you'd think we would have it down to a science by now, but NOT.

biggest issue on my mind is a dreaded tooth issue, last week i had to go in for a tooth extraction because of a crack in it and infection, and got a crown on the tooth just above. tomorrow I go in for the permanent bridge placement, perfect timing! I have had constant tooth pain since I got the work done last week so I am hoping whatever miracles he does tomorrow will put an end to it. I am hoping it is just a bite adjustment issue. otherwise i may be visiting a dentist in one of the ports :confused:

Vickie and Bernie....I will enjoy reading your postings....I have 6 friends on the Jan. 17th sailing coming from Brockville, Ontario. I don't know if any of them are cruise critic members yet or not. I know they read the postings. I told them I was going to stalk them via web cam lol. Now I will be able to hear what is going on by reading your write-ups which will be great....looking forward to them and hope you have wonderful weather.

Corinne

yes it is that time of year again, we are off to the Caribbean for our back to back. This year we are back on the Emerald for 20 days of pure bliss. We did this exact itinerary three years ago and since then we have sailed with many of the same people we had met on that cruise.

We live in vancouver and have started this thread because we are leaving on Friday to head to seattle to fly out early Saturday. we will be spending two night in Fort lauderdale at the Marriott on the beach. We board the Emerald on Monday.

I will be updating my blog as much as time permits and the wifi cooperates.

Hi Vickie. I'll be following you on this thread to see how you do a 'live from'. I hope you'll do one on the Feb 2012 So. America cruise.

Enjoy your trip, and we'll see you in Rio.

Howard

Vickie,

I was so excited to see your live thread. We will board as you get off on Feb. 6th, and this blog will help the last few days of waiting be somewhat bearable. You are more than welcome to hide away in our room if you are not ready to get off.

We somehow received the snow in Spokane that you were suppose to get in Vancouver this year I think. We had 7 inches come down today. I am more than ready to get away from it.

Have a wonderful 20 days, and I hope your tooth problems will be a distant memory.

Just read your post and it made me feel so much closer to our trip. We are from Vancouver area as well, on the Emerald on the 27th, flying out of Seattle AND staying in Ft Lauderdale for a couple of days pre-cruise!! Thanks for making it feel so much more REAL!! Now I really can't wait!

Vickie,

I was so excited to see your live thread. We will board as you get off on Feb. 6th, and this blog will help the last few days of waiting be somewhat bearable. You are more than welcome to hide away in our room if you are not ready to get off.

We somehow received the snow in Spokane that you were suppose to get in Vancouver this year I think. We had 7 inches come down today. I am more than ready to get away from it.

Have a wonderful 20 days, and I hope your tooth problems will be a distant memory.

yes we got a little bit of snow, but it is pretty much all gone except for some higher areas. oh don't tempt me about staying on --- but i have to head home and save for more trips, including south america

Just read your post and it made me feel so much closer to our trip. We are from Vancouver area as well, on the Emerald on the 27th, flying out of Seattle AND staying in Ft Lauderdale for a couple of days pre-cruise!! Thanks for making it feel so much more REAL!! Now I really can't wait!

oh that is great, and from Vancouver too. Have you joined our roll call? it is a great group and there are some gatherings planned with a meet and greet, come join us.

We are looking forward to your thread we are doing B2B on the Emerald

Feb 6-26:D as you say goodbye we will be saying hello.

We will be on that cruise Feb 6 - 26. My brother lives in Manitoba (St. Anne)

Lyndee

We will be on that cruise Feb 6 - 26. My brother lives in Manitoba (St. Anne)

Lyndee

(Iyntony)

Have you joined our thread there is not one for the 20days but one one each fo the Feb 6th and Feb 16th we have some fun things going on take a look.:D Would love to have you guys come along.

Julie & Mike

Left Vancouver around 10 and made it to the hotel around 2:30. We got a room at the Doubletree by the airport via Priceline.com at a rate of $75. When I checked into the hotel they offered us an upgrade to a king because of Hilton Honors. I did request a non adjoining room and we first went to room 720 which as soon as we opened the door we see it is an adjoining room. I head back down to the front desk and they apologize and move us to a larger room because of the error. We are given room 727 and we really like the size of the room. It is a corner room with a couch and chair, desk and king size bed. The hotel is I would of guessed from the 70s and it looks like it has been renovated but needs further updating. Door frames, windows, tub were not updated. The ceiling has the popcorn texture. In all it was nice quiet room that was a great price of $75 per night.

The hotel provides a free shuttle to the airport that departs every twenty minutes. We catch the 420 shuttle and arrive at the airport about ten minutes later. Check in was a breeze on the Delta flight to Atlanta.

Fights were all on time and we even got into Fort Lauderdale early! Where we picked up a rental car thru National. So we are off in our Ford Escape and it feels great to be back here. Our hotel – the Marriott Beach Place -- is located quite easily after maneuvering around the many different levels of the hotel parking, but trust me the end result is worth it. Our friend Sue/Mike meet us in the lobby and it is so nice to see them again.

The room – WOW – great view of the ocean, in fact right now I am sitting her looking out the patio door staring at a totally unobstructed view of the ocean and I can hear the waves hitting the shore – heaven pure heaven. This resort is made up of one bedroom suites that are apartment like, and one room suites (which we have) that have a couch, small table/chairs, small kitchen with fridge/sink/microwave. Very handy. Our friends have the apartment and it is better than my first apartment ever was with a full kitchen with washing and dryer! Great for a family.

After freshening up we are all heading to Total Wines located just off 17th street where we stock up on liquids for the vacation – I actually had Bernie stick to a limit of 9 bottles for the 10 days, we can always buy more on the turn around day I say to him. So we got 3 bottles of each white/red/champagne. Dinner is at Carlos and Peppes, which we have eaten at before, great Mexican food and the drink! After dinner we went back to Mike/Sue’s room to chat and catch up and were in bed at around midnight eastern time.

This morning we didn’t wake until 9 am, we must have been tired and slept like a baby. We are going to head off to Sawgrass Mall and the afternoon we hope to do some relaxing in the sun before heading to meet Bill/Cathy and Mike/Sue for dinner at Bravo.

Archived