Live Emerald b2b Jan 17 and Jan 27

vickie_bernie

Thanks Vickie! You and Bernie are doing South America next year, right?

Except for the CD, right?

Enjoy your last full day. Might as well go for the burn now :rolleyes:

We even loved the CD to an extent -- we did find the entertainment on board to be the lowest we have ever had in all our cruises. BUT saying that was it horrible, NO -- just not to the level we have come to expect on board Princess. We both commented we would purposely not sail with him again, however that is hard to know who is CD when you book. On our survey we wrote fair, and made comments. His staff certainly ran around a lot but that may have been to fill in for him. He is now off and Billy London is on.

Yes we are doing South America, 30 days next year

So funny- we were sitting directly to your right! My husband heard the incident with the napkin drawing and then we heard a bit of the staff member laughing about it with you afterwards. If I had known it was you, Vickie, I would have said something!

We very much enjoyed the 10-day cruise.

Yes that was funny and I remember you both and our friend was really tying hard not to laugh but we couldn't help it. The joke played out throughout the remaining days, we had other passengers ask him (seriously) as well. And our friend who is on now as a performer is also going to ask him. Wish I could be there to see his face.

We have never done a B2B and were wondering how you get your card for the next leg of your cruise. Do you have to leave with everyone else and then wait to preboard again.

Thanks

a day or two prior you receive a letter with your cruise cards, you are told to meet at a designated area on turn around day where you will be escourted off the ship en masse, use old card to get off, go right to customs, and usually turn right around and wait for clearance of 0 passengers then go right back on with new cruise card.

of course if you wish you can go ashore when the others are going ashore and come back at your leisure too. You are given an In Transit pass so you don't have to wait in all the lines, except you do have to go thru the security.

we are home :mad: but it feels okay, i so wished we had booked another leg.

We stayed overnight in Fort Lauderdale at the Sheraton Plantation booked thru Priceline (sweet deal) great hotel and caught a 7 am flight home on Monday to Seattle, got to our parked car at 2 pm and were home at 4:30 pm.

Today will be spent cleaning and putting away things.

Thanks for following: I will be updating my blog soon with more photos and video so keep checking it out.

Welcome home Vickie and Bernie! Have a wonderful 30 days in SA next year- I will miss seeing you and having you post on our roll calls!

I spent part of yesterday shoveling our driveway and it is snowing again with 8 more inches due today with frigid temps. What a homecoming! DH says that next year we're going to be someplace warm until the end of February, and I have to agree. Life is so much easier in warm places without snow to shovel and push shopping carts through!

• 2 weeks later...
Sure, Kitty, I remember you. What are you doing in Bonaire?

Cathy

Cathy,

We just got back, and so sad to leave our wonderful time on Emerald Princess behind.

We went on a tour with Woodwind in Bonaire, and it was one of the best snorkeling experiences in our life. You were absolutely right!!!

Kitty

Archived