From Port to FCO

BosoxI

About how long does it USUALLY take? We're trying to determine whether we should return through ATL or JFK and having some idea of our arrival at FCO makes the job a bit easier. Preferred method of transport would also be a help. Thanks.

Plenty of info on this on the Italy boards here...

I usually budget an hour to get from the port to FCO (actual transit time). Remember to add sufficient time to get off the ship, locate your luggage and find your transportation, and also to get to your terminal once you enter FCO. I would recommend arriving at the airport around 2.5 hours before your scheduled flight, certainly no later than 2 hours. Check-in and security can move very slowly at times.

I have used Roma Shuttle twice with no problems. There are several companies with very similar names but not such stellar service, so be sure you get the right one. Here is a link: http://www.romashuttle.com/

Much of the time involved depends on the traffic that day. Last cruise we booked a private transfer with others on our roll call back to the airport. It was much quicker than the ships transfers and the price was less. I would get with your roll call and see if anyone is willing to share the cost of a private transfer with you. It can take anywhere from 40 minutes to well over an hour if the traffic is bad that morning. Good Luck!

Archived